PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sec_error_unknown_issuer help needed

Peterfc
October 14th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hi All

THe last time i was online and wanted to check my bank i received an error message. Prior to this i received an email that i new to be phoney and deleted it. I go online to my bank often and do not have a problem. At the bottom i get an option to create an exeption. I have not seen a previous post about this so can someone offer some advice?

Peter

Secure Connection Failed

www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

yknivag
October 15th, 2009, 09:47 PM
You need to check with your bank that "http://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/" is the correct URL that you should be using.

I'm not an Alliance & Leicester customer but when I access that page it responds with a correctly signed certificate. Is the error only when you are signed in?

It may have been a temporary issue (maybe they were updating certificates). If in doubt, check with your bank's online team.