PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Anybody know what I've done to my desktop?

IAmNoodle
October 14th, 2009, 07:29 AM
While tinkering a while ago, probably in search of a way to sort out my sound, and ended up with an unexpected new desktop. I haven't been able to find a way to get it back to the way it was (default).

Does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

keplerspeed
October 14th, 2009, 07:38 AM
looks like the UNR (ubuntu netbook remix) desktop. Search in synaptic for "netbook remix" and see if your have any UNR packages installed.

rohu1990
October 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
looks like the UNR (ubuntu netbook remix) desktop. Search in synaptic for "netbook remix" and see if your have any UNR packages installed.

Yes he is right you have installed UNR ,which is intended for small screen netbooks easy accessibility .
You can also remove this package in this way go to terminal type

sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-netbook-remix

give your password:smile:

IAmNoodle
October 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Thanks. I'd got netbook launcher installed, but not the netbook remix itself installed. uninstalled the former and rebooted. Problem solved

rmcellig
October 20th, 2009, 02:18 AM
After installing netbook remix on my PC, I cannot resize windows and I don't see the three icons that appear on every window (the red,yellow and green onoes). How can I get my desktop and windows resizing problems back to what they should be?

I am running 9.04.