PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ACPI_PSS error ; BIOS not reporting in a way that Linux can understand

MHail
October 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
a8n-SLI premium motherboard
amd64 4400 processor
2gigs of Ram
150 gb sata HD Main
500 gb IDE HD Secondary Vista install
7800 GT GPU

Ok so I'm having a problems installing Ubuntu 9.04. I am doing this in response to Vista blue screening even in safe mode. I am trying to install with a torrented amd64 iso image using a flash drive. I using the program unetbootin for Windows to make the drive bootable.

My first problem is after a couple failed attempts to install Ubuntu (see bellow). I decide to be proactive and format my main sata drive using windows. I reboot my computer and I get a installing grub 1.5 then followed by error 22. It seems like I destroyed my boot loader. Any idea how to get it back without CDs or floppies?

My second non self inflicted problem is as advertised above. I tell unetbootin to load Ubuntu 9.04 netinstallx64 version(not sure if this is correct). I stick my drive in, then tell my computer to boot to the usb. I tell the unetbootin to load default. I get the Ubuntu loading screen. Next it goes to a text loading screen and I get a bunch of failed loads. Then at the end I get a command prompt with an above ACPI_PSS error ; BIOS not reporting in a way that Linux can understand. Any help would be appreciated.

Note** I can only use a usb because both my DVD drives failed and can't even be opened manually

darkod
November 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM
This is three weeks old. Do you still need help with restoring windows boot?

Did you manage to solve the acpi_pss problem? I have the same and can't find any solution. It seems it depends on the mobo bios so you can only flash it to the latest version and hope that solves the problem.