PDA

View Full Version : Linux Game CD

ubuntu27
February 13th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Two days ago I downloaded “Games Knopipx” And I am was somewhat satisfied with the Games that “Games Knoppix” provided. I haven't count how many Games were on the Live CD, but, I must say that the game the seem boring to me turned out to be really exiting (for me) :) I'm talking about “The Battle for Wesnoth” After trying some games on the Live CD, I decided to install those games on my Ubuntu Machine, and voila! I'm now enjoying those games. I'm so happy now :D

Knoppix: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
Battle for Wesnoth: http://www.wesnoth.org/

The nice thing about this Live CD, is that I didn't need to download and install anything in order to try out those Games :P [ofcourse, it's a live CD :P]

xequence
February 13th, 2006, 02:30 AM
That game looks cool :)

raublekick
February 13th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Battle for Wesnoth is pretty cool. At one point I installed pretty much every game I could get through synaptic, but a lot of them didn't make it to the menu and I forgot about them. But there are some really, really awesome games in the repos.

Everyone should install rRootage, and then do a Google search for it and find the rest of the author's games.

qalimas
February 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
I LOVE Wesnoth, but that CDs Wesnoth is out of date, I need to find a way to get an up to date Wesnoth on a live CD to play online wherever I go :P

majikstreet
February 13th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I think the regular knoppix cd has a quite a few games.. I haven't looked too much though.. There's also Wolvix Games Edition, http://www.wolvix.org/ , you should see it there.. I dunno what games they have though.. Wolvix is based on SLAX which is based on slackware.

Hey, guess what? I was looking on Wolvix games edition's package list and found this:
wesnoth-1.0.2-i486-1wlv

I bet that's it!

mcduck
February 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Battle for Wesnoth is pretty cool. At one point I installed pretty much every game I could get through synaptic, but a lot of them didn't make it to the menu and I forgot about them. But there are some really, really awesome games in the repos.

Everyone should install rRootage, and then do a Google search for it and find the rest of the author's games.
Thanks for that, I didn't even know Kenta Cho's games are available for Linux :D

wrtpeeps
February 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM
wesnoth looks like warcraft 1 a bit.

raublekick
February 13th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks for that, I didn't even know Kenta Cho's games are available for Linux :D

Yeah! I love his games so much.

majikstreet
February 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
you could also add the battle for wesnoth module to SLAX... I could easily do it for you, you could use regular slax (kde) or even popcorn slax (xfce).... slax popcorn is very small and you can just add the modules you want in addition to the default ones.

ubuntu27
February 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I LOVE Wesnoth, but that CDs Wesnoth is out of date, I need to find a way to get an up to date Wesnoth on a live CD to play online wherever I go :P

Well, I don't know of a Live CD that comes with Battle for Esnoth updated.
But in the Ubuntu respositories we have the latest version of it ;) yey!!

Ah! And you need the latest version to join multi-player game :) Which is cool :D

Battle for Wesnoth run also in WIndows BTY :D

Another game that got my attetion is "Cube" :D It's like Doom 1 ><; not bad at all.

Go Linux! GO OpenSource.

Lord Illidan
February 13th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Battle for Wesnoth! I love it.. Just installed it on the school pcs lol..
Challenging, though.. Haven't had a game which required that much mental stimulus... even on 'easy'!! But I like it that way... no mindless clicking and stuff.

ubuntu27
February 14th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Battle for Wesnoth! I love it.. Just installed it on the school pcs lol..
Challenging, though.. Haven't had a game which required that much mental stimulus... even on 'easy'!! But I like it that way... no mindless clicking and stuff.

You installed it in a SCHOOL's PC ??
Did they allowed you to do that? ><; :D

How nice! I wish my college will allow me to install stuff like Firefox :D
In my college even if I install a software, all the changes that I do in the HD are "wiped clean" after restart. :(