PDA

View Full Version : Hey All Ubuntu Users!

geo926
February 13th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Hi, I am a fan of Ubuntu and have a small favor to ask of you guys, I am part of a struggling Counter-strike: Source clan.
www.darkjedi.org/club/SOD We cannot currently afford a good server and was hoping that maybe you guys could vote for us in the clan sponsorship thing on art of war servers, the link is
http://www.artofwarcentral.com/main.asp?page=sponsor&cmd=view&id=970

I would be forever grateful if you guys would help us out, also if your interested in joining talk to me!

fuscia
February 13th, 2006, 12:47 AM
you're a what?

dabear
February 13th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Ehm, why should I vote for someone I don't know and who is playing a windows-only game?

geo926
February 13th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Ehm, why should I vote for someone I don't know and who is playing a windows-only game?

Cedega silly, I haven't used windows in god knows how long....

xequence
February 13th, 2006, 01:56 AM

Wow. Big bad windows. All windows users are the spawn of Satan, eh?

Anyway, I voted, and it said it would send me an e-mail for confirmation but it didnt.

geo926
February 13th, 2006, 07:34 PM

Anyway, I voted, and it said it would send me an e-mail for confirmation but it didnt.

Yeah I know :p It says it will but just so we dont make fake emails...

Brunellus
February 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Cedega silly, I haven't used windows in god knows how long....
that only slighlty mitigates things.

Brunellus
February 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM

no, but we should, whereever possible and practicable, take steps to prefer Linux over Windows. We complain endlessly about the lack of proper hardware/software/games support. The market doesn't respond to complaints--it responds to profit and loss.

Cause windows-only vendors to suffer losses, and linux-friendly vendors to gain profits, and everybody benefits.

wrench70
February 13th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Geo926, I was wondering how CS Source runs Cedgra , I was thinking of subscribing but would like some input on how it performs if you dont mind.

geo926
February 13th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Geo926, I was wondering how CS Source runs Cedgra , I was thinking of subscribing but would like some input on how it performs if you dont mind.

It runs pretty good, I tweaked it following a guide though I can't remember the link :???: It runs as good if not better than *******!