PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Beryl Project Installation

bridgesg
October 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
OK, so one of the main reasons that I switched to ubuntu was because of the visual effects. And now I cant figure out how to install and use the Beryl .zip file i downloaded. I unzipped it in its own folder, and tried adding the folder into the synaptic package manager. But it won't let me add it. How do i install beryl?

s.fox
October 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Hello.

Beryl merged with another project to become compiz fusion. This (http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Install-Compiz-Fusion-on-Ubuntu-58113.shtml)should help you get some nice effects. Have fun :)

-Silver Fox

bridgesg
October 13th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks, I tried going through the command line and following everything they said, but the problem is that it seems that it's unavailable on the website, i'm getting an error message 404 unavailable when I try to command to download it in the command line. Do you have any other suggestions? I'm Pretty new to linux, and have little experience with command lines and everything, so if you know of any more user friendly sites like that one it would be greatly appreciated! thank you

stlsaint
October 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Compiz can be found in Synaptic Package Manager!
System>admin>synaptic package manager:
do a search for compiz

Paqman
October 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Actually, Compiz Fusion is installed by default. If you want a really in-depth tool for customising it, you can install compizconfig-settings-manager.