PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] changeing procceser

invitingdopeman
October 12th, 2009, 09:56 AM
i was just wondering if i could take a dell 2400 proccseser and put it in my gateway gp6-400c thanks so very much INVITINGDOPEMAN

MelDJ
October 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
desktop or laptop? if desktop maybe yes if both use the same motherboard, ram, processor

invitingdopeman
October 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
right its a desktop i tried putting in the ram sticks from the dell 2400 into my gateway gp6-400c and they wouldnt fit cuse my gateway has 32mb sticks and i wanted to change it to the dell 256 mb sticks kindam kae my pc run faster hope that was so more info thanks so very much INVITINGDOPEMAN

brukutu
October 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
if the CPU has the same fingerprint (pins) then yes you could. you might have to change soem setting on your current OS or even maybe reisntall it, but it should work just fine..now the ram, assuming its the same type of ram with the same slots you can, just keep in mind mother board limitations as some boards only allow a maximum speed on the ram ship or the maximum size per chip aswell as a maximum size overall.
Regards, brukutu

MelDJ
October 12th, 2009, 10:15 AM
whats the processor for either? the RAM should be the same only. some motherboard can only fit one kind of RAM. is both you ram the same? for example both are DDR2.

invitingdopeman
October 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
right on dude thanks so very much I NEED A F U C K I N JOB