PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the South; Dubois County.

emarkay
October 11th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Been Beta testing Karmic the past week or so, and while I had some time (and OMG I am in Windows!) Ya see, I just cleared 40 Gig of my main "work" PC (The one with maybe 170 Gb of space; why is it the main PC's always are the last to get updated...) and am using JKDefrag to pack and condense things on it so I can Gparted me an ext4 spot for Karmic on this PC. Now that I am happy with Karmic on my laptop and my game PC, I am going to install it here - along with Jaunty, and will then "leapfrog" them on this PC when Lucid appears - I think then I'll start Alpha testing...

Anyway, yea I figured I should get more involved. Been doing Ubuntu since the last LTS release way back in "ought-six"...

Love all things tech, but not obsessed with them. Currently unemployed, still looking, haven't given up - yet. :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/emarkay

ConXtionS
October 12th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Hello down there

Mike54
October 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
It's good to see some signs of life in here.

Good luck on the job hunt. I'm about to lose my job of the last 24.5 years and there is pretty much no job market here in Lafayette. I hope things are better down your way.

emarkay
October 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
It's good to see some signs of life in here. Good luck on the job hunt. I'm about to lose my job of the last 24.5 years and there is pretty much no job market here in Lafayette. I hope things are better down your way.

Ha, surely you jest! Unless I want to: apply stain, be a "nursing assistant", flip "textured meat-like patties" or drive an "18 wheeler", my options are pretty zilch.

Next week will be 52 weeks (!) on the dole...

Been doing my requisite 3 applications a week since I got the Fed unemployment as required, from Crane, to EVV, and nothing. I am thinking about moving to New Mexico for some Aerospace action, but as long as they are paying me to fill out applications and debug Karmic, well...

ConXtionS
October 13th, 2009, 01:49 AM
It's good to see some signs of life in here.

Good luck on the job hunt. I'm about to lose my job of the last 24.5 years and there is pretty much no job market here in Lafayette. I hope things are better down your way.

Dude I am sorry about your job.... While I bitch and scream sometimes I know I am lucky considering todays economy....

May I ask what you do???

PS Lafayette is fairly close.... want a BUDDIE??????

emarkay
October 13th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Dude I am sorry about your job.... While I bitch and scream sometimes I know I am lucky considering todays economy....
May I ask what you do???
PS Lafayette is fairly close.... want a BUDDIE??????

From CAD Designer, to editor, to tech writer, to designer, to multimedia creator to consultant, as well as technician, laboratory assistant and guest lecturer among other things.

Hey, I guess if 200 miles is close - but it's always nice to have friends!

Thanks.

ConXtionS
October 13th, 2009, 04:07 AM
From CAD Designer, to editor, to tech writer, to designer, to multimedia creator to consultant, as well as technician, laboratory assistant and guest lecturer among other things.

Hey, I guess if 200 miles is close - but it's always nice to have friends!

Thanks.

200 miles????? Hell I thought you were in lafayette???

lmfao

Im so lost

Jim