PDA

View Full Version : Epic spamming fail. (And question)

jwbrase
October 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I just got spammed on Skype. Unfortunately for the spammer, A): I'm too smart to fall for that kind of trick. B): The line "WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION" is somewhat of a giveaway for Linux users. They wanted me to go to a website for my free troj^H^H^H^H "patch."

So now for my question: I went to the Skype website to try and find a way to report spam, but all I could find was that the latest ******* and Mac versions apparently have some sort of built in reporting functionality. The Linux version, from what I can see, does not. So does anybody know of any way of reporting spam the old fashioned way (ie, via E-mail or a web form)?

madjr
October 12th, 2009, 04:28 AM
i've never really used skype, how does someone randomly spams you?

oh and probably some win user already reported the spam, but i don't think they'll do much about it anyways

Arup
October 12th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Even Nigerian scams are now common on Skype sadly, I got one about some oil wells etc and inheritance. Seems like its easy to get a Skype account and SPAM users.

Exodist
October 12th, 2009, 05:44 AM
They got some kind of client side software that is interfacing with the server side software to send out the spamming. Sounds like the skype devs need to just turn off global messaging on the server.