PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Moment vs Motorola Cliq

HappinessNow
October 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Samsung Moment vs Motorola Cliq

For those who find the lack of a QWERTY keyboard on their HTC Hero or iPhone cumbersome will have two new options very soon:

Samsung Moment

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=131571&d=1255263975http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/106785_samsung-moment-sprint.jpg

Motorola Cliq

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1255263975http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/106253_moto-cliq.jpg

I actually like the keyboard of the Samsung Moment the best but the face of the Motorola Cliq. The toggle-like control of the Cliq keyboard may be very nice, I'll have to vote for the Motorola Cliq (even though I may be buying the HTC Hero).

steev182
October 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I don't quite get how adding a slider keyboard will mean your next device would be 'less cumbersome' than the iPhone....

Between those two devices, the Cliq looks much nicer, but at the moment, the Samsung Galaxy is still the best looking Android phone.

HappinessNow
October 11th, 2009, 01:40 PM
the Samsung Galaxy is still the best looking Android phone.
With only a 3.2 megapixel camera it seems lacking. With today's technological advances there is no excuse for a phone to not be equipped with at least a 5 megapixel camera/camcorder.

With that said the Motorola Cliq (with a 3.5mm jack and 5 megapixel camera) has clear advantages over the Samsung Moment.

Giant Speck
October 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Looking at those two pictures, I would rather have a phone that combined the looks of the Cliq's touch interface with the Moment's physical keyboard.

steev182
October 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry, I thought you meant which was more aesthetically pleasing, and the Galaxy is still better looking than the Cliq.
With that said, I feel that phones with slide out keyboards have a cumbersome feel to them when using them and that technology is more than adequate for soft keyboards to be good enough. Also the lack of physical keyboard has stopped a lot of friends and family that I know from texting and driving, which is something I personally can't stand.

The camera thing, you can put as many mega pixels as you want into a tiny sensor, but noise/poor optics/poor flash are always going to be an issue when it comes to mobile phone cameras. My sister's D40 has only 6MP I think, and it takes better photos than my mums Point and Shoot 8MP camera, and thats because of the lens and size of sensor.

bruno9779
October 11th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I have only had bad experiences with motorola technology before.

Horrible and unintuitive interfaces, poor performance and generally the feeling that they were product made to be sold and not to be used.

steev182
October 11th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I think this is why people are excited about the use of Android - they cant mess it up that badly can they?!

The RAZR was a good looking phone, the interface was awful though...

HappinessNow
October 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I have only had bad experiences with motorola technology before.

Horrible and unintuitive interfaces, poor performance and generally the feeling that they were product made to be sold and not to be used.I have been using a Motorola L2 http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=128883&d=1253194501 for the past 3 or 4 years and have been completely happy with it, that said I do remember that when I first got it I missed my Nokia.

bruno9779
October 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I am not saying that motorola has never made a functional phone.
What I am saying, is that ALL their major release products, have been terribly rushed on interface and integration, with an huge emphasis on marketing

legolas_w
October 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I believe Motorola is spending a lot of money on Android and I am sure we are going to see many good phones from Motorola.

I have a samsung i780 and I am looking forward to get a Motorola Cliq :D

HappinessNow
October 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I believe Motorola is spending a lot of money on Android and I am sure we are going to see many good phones from Motorola.

Agreed.

blur xc
October 12th, 2009, 07:24 PM
With only a 3.2 megapixel camera it seems lacking. With today's technological advances there is no excuse for a phone to not be equipped with at least a 5 megapixel camera/camcorder.

More pixels does not equal better pictures. All phone cameras suck compared to any good real camera. And more pixels only matter if you are printing pictures, and I would argue most people don't print cell phone pictures. What's a normal web viewing picture size? 800 x 600? That's only .5mp, 1024 x 768 is only .8mp. 1900 x 1080 (hd tv) is only 2mp. What do you intend to do w/ those extra pixels?

BM

HappinessNow
October 13th, 2009, 03:15 AM
More pixels does not equal better pictures. All phone cameras suck compared to any good real camera. And more pixels only matter if you are printing pictures, and I would argue most people don't print cell phone pictures. What's a normal web viewing picture size? 800 x 600? That's only .5mp, 1024 x 768 is only .8mp. 1900 x 1080 (hd tv) is only 2mp. What do you intend to do w/ those extra pixels?

BM5 MP is pretty basic regardless.