PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] wallpaper-tray

noname580
October 11th, 2009, 03:35 AM
So i wanted to try out the wallpaper-tray applet instead of drapes. so i add it from synaptic and add it to my top panel. i change some settings so it will randomly change. me being a slight idiot i didnt change the timing from one. So i clicked okay and it started changing wallpapers wicked quick. Due to that i couldnt right click and go into preferences. So i went to system monitor and killed the process. When i tried to re add the applet there is no longer an icon on my top panel. I went back into synaptic and completely removed it. I even restarted my computer and still when i add it to my panel there is no icon and it changes wallpaper every second. Anyone know how i can get the icon to come back so i can try and change the preferences or at least give me a reason on why it happened. Thanks for your time.

mac9416
October 11th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I've had the same problem. So irritating. Here's how I fixed it.

Kill the wp-tray process then run...

$ gconf-editor

There is a setting under /apps/wp_tray/. I forget what it's called, but it controls the time between wallpaper changes. You need to set it to 1 or more. Then reboot and it should be OK.

wp-tray is rather janky, but it gets the job done. I wish there was a better option, seeing as Win7 has nice wallpaper slideshows.

Good luck!

noname580
October 11th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Oh thank you. it was driving me insane

Ubunthree
October 23rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Is there a way to stop wallpaper-tray from using the stock Ubuntu backgrounds? I have it set to look in a single directory of my own images, which it does fine, but it also keeps throwing in the stock backgrounds, and I can't seem to convince it that I don't want it to.