PDA

View Full Version : Is Vuze safe to use?

siimo
October 10th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I was told by a friend that it contains spy-ware although I have not found any evidence of it, it does seem to have a commercial company running things.

I use it with the classic interface and not the fancy new i-tunes like thing that they are trying to do.

I have tried other BT clients in the Linux world but I cannot get speeds as good as Vuze from any other client.

damis648
October 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I doubt you would get any sort of spyware in Linux at all, with or without antispyware in Vuze (if it does have anti-spyware, it may just be for Windows viruses) so I would say yes. I have used it before, but Transmission suits me. If uTorrent would just make a linux port...

SuperSonic4
October 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Vuze is perfectly safe to use.

The main issue regarding malware comes from what you download not what you download it with

lovinglinux
October 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I would recommend Deluge and Ktorrent.

For troubleshooting your download speeds see BitTorrent optimization and troubleshooting guide (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1259923).

Grimhound
October 10th, 2009, 11:49 PM
The issue with some of these clients these days is that they may or may not funnel information to groups that prosecute over detected illegal activity.