PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Edit Panels

Gomeriffic
October 10th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone. I have been having this problem for a while and finally want to address it. I understand that you right click to edit panels, but when I do so on the panels, it pops up a menu with only 2 to 4 choices like Preferences, About and Help. Anyone have a solution?

user333
October 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Are you right-clicking on free space, or something that already is on the panel?

Gomeriffic
October 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm clicking free space.

wojox
October 10th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Go to System > Preferences > Main Menu

It's the same thing.

Gomeriffic
October 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Go to System > Preferences > Main Menu

It's the same thing.

That's not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to remove one of the Panels on the screen.

jimbo160
October 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I accidentaly deleted one of my panels, the one that did not have anything in it, and when i am on a page, and wnt to minimise it, it disappears. is it because i deleted the panel. i like the minimise to the try, and would like to know how i get that.

wojox
October 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
That's not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to remove one of the Panels on the screen.

What Desktop are you using Gnome, KDE, XFCE?

wojox
October 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I accidentaly deleted one of my panels, the one that did not have anything in it, and when i am on a page, and wnt to minimise it, it disappears. is it because i deleted the panel. i like the minimise to the try, and would like to know how i get that.

If your using Gnome right click the top panel and select New Panel. Then Right click your new panel and select Add to panel and choose Window list.

Gomeriffic
October 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
What Desktop are you using Gnome, KDE, XFCE?

Gnome.

jimbo160
October 11th, 2009, 04:29 AM
that worked. thanks a lot.

mcduck
October 11th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone. I have been having this problem for a while and finally want to address it. I understand that you right click to edit panels, but when I do so on the panels, it pops up a menu with only 2 to 4 choices like Preferences, About and Help. Anyone have a solution?

Are you sure you haven't, at some point, locked the panel through Gconf-Editor?

Press Alt-F2 and run "gconf-editor", browse to apps/panel/global and make sure the "locked_down"-key is disabled.

Timpster
September 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
OH MY GOSH
THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE
saybayon locked down my panel THANK YOU MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

oldos2er
September 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
Closed for necromancy.