PDA

View Full Version : Need Help to install ubuntu 9.04 from inside windows

SilverBridge
October 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
i downloaded the notebook remix version of Ubuntu 9.04 , and i burned it to my flash drive ,i was trying to install it from inside windows , but whenever i try to open Wubi installer , it never works, i keep clicking on it and it does not work , i have a different wubi which i downloaded earlier , but when i opened it ,it said it will install ubuntu 8.10 . so i don`t know what to do to install Ubuntu from within windows , any help ?

praveenthivari
October 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
The downloaded Ubuntu cd itself contains the wubi installer.
And I have read in one of the threads that u need the same wubi version as of Ubuntu.:P:P:P:P

SilverBridge
October 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM
well, as i said , i downloaded the notebook remix version, which had to be burnt to a flash drive , and it contains a Wubi , but whenever i double clicked it while having my flash drive connected to the Laptop , it never worked , but after i take the flash drive , it works , but it starts downloading something called ubuntu desktop amd64 , i guess , anyway , i did so , and after i finished the download , and i rebooted , i chose Ubuntu from the dual boot menu , it loaded but stopped at a point and gave me this message

BusyBox V1.10.2 (ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built in shell ( ash)
Enter (help) for the list of built-in commands
(initramfs)

so any help about what i am facing here ?

praveenthivari
October 10th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Sorry friend, I myself am new to this world. I just wanted to tell the little I know.

BusyBox V1.10.2 (ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built in shell ( ash)
Enter (help) for the list of built-in commands
(initramfs).

I cannot interpret this message....