PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with your life?

Sand & Mercury
October 9th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I just was thinking about this quietly to myself and thought I'd ask you guys. Just in general, are you happy with your life situation at the moment?

Personally, I broke up with my gf of 3 years the other month, moved back to Australia and now I'm on the verge of getting myself some employment, I have inspiration to do the things I enjoy, I've got a feeling that I'm giving back to the community that I love, and my social life is getting back up to speed. So in all, while it's not been perfect, I am happy.

MelDJ
October 9th, 2009, 06:59 AM
i'm sad:(

NovaAesa
October 9th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I could be better, but all in all I can't complain too much :P

Exodist
October 9th, 2009, 07:00 AM
i'm sad:(

I'm married!

misfitpierce
October 9th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I chose I'm Okay With My Life, things could always be better, happy somewhat but mainly okay with it!

HappinessNow
October 9th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I am Happiness Now! (今幸福 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=809266))

I married!

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=131290&d=1255068173http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8076008&postcount=4

iMarried is that sort of like an iPod? :lolflag:

btw being married obviously means you are very happy with your life, right?

Lightstar
October 9th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Personally.. I am content with my life. I am low maintenance, I live far from luxury, I don't need more than I have right now, though a car could be useful for emergencies. But i'm perfectly happy with my mind and my computer.

My girlfriend is very unhappy with her life, got thrown out of her mother's house, went to a friend's house who ended up blackmailing her "If you don't paint these door I'll throw you out" etc etc, now living at friend #2's house. I can't take her because I do not live alone and the other person does not want another dog in, and she's also american, can't live with me in Canada full time for now.

When I get a better job and decent money, I'll get us a place of our own, until then.. gotta be patient.

Regenweald
October 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Not exactly, but i'm working on it.

Hallvor
October 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I'm married!

That reminds me of the movie Hot Shots 2:

Iraqi officer (while torturing American): "I see you are no stranger to pain."

American: "I`ve been married. Twice."

:lolflag:

OpenGuard
October 9th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Unemployed - far away from happiness.

jeremyswalker
October 9th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I'm married!

I feel your pain, brother!

MelDJ
October 9th, 2009, 07:31 AM
is marriage that sad?

Giant Speck
October 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I'm just fine. Thank you for asking!

|Mitch|
October 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I'm single(what's mine is "all" mine), always have food on the table, have a roof over my head, & in perfect health. Yeah, I guess I'm happy with how my life is going

JDShu
October 9th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Unemployed - far away from happiness.

Me too.

Exodist
October 9th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I am Happiness Now! (今幸福 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=809266))

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8076008&postcount=4

iMarried is that sort of like an iPod? :lolflag:

btw being married obviously means you are very happy with your life, right?

Sounds like you never been married.. LOL..

Wife for sale!!.. Any buyers!

stwschool
October 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm happy. I'm starting a new challenge in a couple of weeks, teaching 4th graders English, Maths, Health, History, Geography, etc. It's a nice change from computing G4-12 which I'd done previously.

A funny thing. I was looking at my old Record Of Achievement, it's something you do at 16 and you put all your GCSEs in there and one of the things in it is a statement about what you plan to do with your life.

1. Get a job in the IT business - Check.
2. Try out teaching. Check.
3. Live abroad. Check.

I'm kinda pleased with that, and it's a handy reminder if I ever get down, I've achieved more than I remember. So yeah life's not so crappy.

SofaSmarties
October 9th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I am very happy with my life. I have found if you take it as it goes and you just don't give a damn you tend to be happier. I don't know, it may just be me:)

LookTJ
October 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Well, let's see

I have cerebral palsy, hard of hearing. I probably would have never learned sound if that one doctor didn't convince my parents to challenge the insurance to pay for my aural therapy.

In the first two and half years of high school, I was just so angry at the world for the body I've been given. but what does anger accomplish? I just walked away from anger and depression. 6 surgeries is a lot and yes it is hard to recover my ability to walk but I had the determination and faith. My life isn't over yet, I'm a 18 year teen with a purpose to show the world that anything is possible no matter what limitations your body and mind give you.

So yes I am happy despite my life's circumstances

I know that I will probably get an infraction for this, but it's worth it. I believe it was God's will and purpose to put me on this earth with the gift and body I've been given. I also believe it was him who cleared my mind of the anger and stress I've been through the first 16-17 years of my life. It's not easy, but I focus on the positive things in life.

Please no fight over my last statement!

Exodist
October 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
You rock TJ. BTW only a jerk would give you any infraction for what you said. And I am sure we dont have any jerks in here.. /looks around the room..

stwschool
October 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Cerebral Palsy is no barrier to anything. I knew a girl a few years back who had it and despite blindness in one eye, some deafness, etc she didn't let it get to her. She was also one of the coolest people I ever knew.

LookTJ
October 9th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Here is my case of CP. I had cross eyes(3 eye surgeries) I see straight now, but my vision isn't too bad. I have little loss of hearing(hearing aids). CP has affected my quads(can't walk straight). Oh and muscles get tight. Back surgery(I think to fix up my lower muscles which are connected with my legs?) My mom knows my medical history more than I do.

My most recent surgery was on the toe(bunion) in 2008 I think, can't remember if it was 2008 or 2007(edit).

I have wrestled, shown pigs, swim, hit a baseball, and list goes on. :) I am glad that there is no barriers to what I can do. All despite being born 7 weeks early

:)

Ingvar G.
October 9th, 2009, 10:54 AM
"Happiness for an hour, sadness for a day", but "Don't worry - BE happy"

I'm happy, because being 'not' is useless. I wish everybody to be happy!!

gjoellee
October 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm married!

I feel sorry for you ;)

Bachstelze
October 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Nope.

Sand & Mercury
October 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Nope.
Why not? :(

pmlxuser
October 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
have a beautiful girl
have loving parents
have a nice job
My house is not that Bad
have never gone a day without food.
Am expecting our first baby
money in my account...

damn I am happy

-grubby
October 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Not too shabby, though I hate living in the middle of nowhere

sanderella
October 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Well, let's see

I have cerebral palsy, hard of hearing. I probably would have never learned sound if that one doctor didn't convince my parents to challenge the insurance to pay for my aural therapy.

In the first two and half years of high school, I was just so angry at the world for the body I've been given. but what does anger accomplish? I just walked away from anger and depression. 6 surgeries is a lot and yes it is hard to recover my ability to walk but I had the determination and faith. My life isn't over yet, I'm a 18 year teen with a purpose to show the world that anything is possible no matter what limitations your body and mind give you.

So yes I am happy despite my life's circumstances

I know that I will probably get an infraction for this, but it's worth it. I believe it was God's will and purpose to put me on this earth with the gift and body I've been given. I also believe it was him who cleared my mind of the anger and stress I've been through the first 16-17 years of my life. It's not easy, but I focus on the positive things in life.

Please no fight over my last statement!

:KSGod bless you LookTJ (((hugs))).