PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Istallitaion error

kirbyfan101
October 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM
I know i spelled it wrong so dontn't comment

Ok, I have Windows XP I have gone to http://www.ubuntu.com/ and downloaded the .Iso File, Burneed it onto a disk And i am one step away. I have all ready partitioned it (half windows and at the moment half Nothing i want that to be Ubuntu) All i need now is to load it. when i boot the computer With the disk in it it pops up when ever i select something " ERROR" and something about an innsuffencent boot disk what do i do?

quixote
October 10th, 2009, 05:23 AM
What is the exact error message? Copy the line with "insufficient" in it if you can.

My guess would be that somehow that CD got corrupted. I'd download a new .iso, burn a new CD, and try again. Or try booting a different computer with the CD you have now. If it doesn't work in a second machine, you know it's the CD. If it does, then . . . ???

kirbyfan101
October 12th, 2009, 04:26 AM
thx

rreese6
October 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Didi you just copy the ISO file to the CD or Did you burn the CD from the ISO? also burn CD at slow speed 4x to 8x.

everytimeref
October 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Didi you just copy the ISO file to the CD or Did you burn the CD from the ISO? also burn CD at slow speed 4x to 8x.

possibly a stupid question but...

How can I burn a disc at slower than 16 speed. CD burner and K3B in Jaunty allow 16 speed at it's slowest, and I get disc errors when I burn at this speed.

MelDJ
October 12th, 2009, 10:05 AM
try using gnomebaker from the repositories. it can burn at speeds lower than 8x