PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that was simple.

jwbrase
October 9th, 2009, 02:49 AM
One of my pet peeves since Jaunty came out has been the replacement of the shutdown item on the system menu with the User Switch applet on the panel. For the most part I just lived with it and generally managed to forget about it, but tonight for no reason in particular I started looking again for a way to get back to the 8.10 layout. And, after a quick Google search, I made a rather startling discovery: You can get the shutdown item back on the menu simply by taking the User Switch applet off the panel. For some reason I had thought that that particular task would involve digging through the options on the preferences menu until I found some obscure little check box, or maybe finding some option in a config file, or having to invoke some obscure set of terminal commands. The thought of simply removing the object of my displeasure had never occurred to me.

madjr
October 9th, 2009, 04:07 AM
ok:confused:

chris4585
October 9th, 2009, 04:52 AM
lol... late

Crunchy the Headcrab
October 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Yeah. I actually accidentally deleted the panel applet. Then I found that the normal shutdown menu that I am used to from other distros was right where it belonged, so I didn't bother to put the original applet back in my panel :)

misfitpierce
October 9th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Should have just asked. Could have told you that awhile ago. :P oh well... enjoy in any case though.

pt123
October 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
that is neat, I was wondering that when I couldn't find it on Karmic test installation