PDA

View Full Version : Sir Clive Sinclair

ade234uk
October 8th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Just watched a brilliant programme on BBC4 about Sir Clive Sinclair and Acorn and the rise of Sinclair and BBC in the 80's. Don't know if you can watch iplayer in the US but I am sure it will be on there in a few days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

mr-woof
October 8th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Ace :) I'll watch that in a min, I've still got my 48k and 128k speccys :D

howefield
October 8th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Why only address the US ?

From the iPlayer help pages.

"Can I use BBC iPlayer outside the UK?

Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users to download or stream (Click to Play) in the UK. However, we are aware of demand for an international version.

Most radio programmes are available outside the UK in addition to podcasts, although sporting and other programmes may be subject to rights agreements.

In addition, highlights from many of BBC News' programmes are available for viewers outside the UK, as is BBC Sport video content.

Do make sure you check for the latest updates on BBC iPlayer or contact your own country's broadcasters to find out if they offer a similar service to BBC iPlayer."

SunnyRabbiera
October 8th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Yeh i know a little of Sinclair, the ZX spectrum and I also know about acorn computers.

Mehall
October 8th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I was just thinking about how, if Clive hadn't fallen out with Chris, then it's quite possible we wouldn't have the ARM architecture.

Every mobile phone in the world, just about, and the coming netbooks, all of TI's calculators, etc etc etc would be without a perfect chip design.

I mean, something would have taken it's place, but.... Acorn are possibly the most important computing company to date, rivalling even Big Blue (IBM)