PDA

View Full Version : KDE 4.3.x background settings

Chronon
October 8th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I have just been playing around with the desktop settings in KDE 4.3.2 and I must say, it's pretty cool to be able to have a draggable, zoomable Mandelbrot fractal directly on my desktop. You can get an Earth or Moon satellite view too. Is anyone else enjoying these new toys?

RiceMonster
October 8th, 2009, 04:41 AM
I have just been playing around with the desktop settings in KDE 4.3.2 and I must say, it's pretty cool to be able to have a draggable, zoomable Mandelbrot fractal directly on my desktop. You can get an Earth or Moon satellite view too. Is anyone else enjoying these new toys?

Yeah those are cool, but I just end up going back to the plain image. The weather wallpaper is cool too. It changes the image based on the weather.

Chronon
October 8th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah. I'm just enjoying the novelty. I have actually been doing the slideshow, mostly.

hoppipolla
October 8th, 2009, 04:57 AM
They are very stylish :)

I love the weather and slideshow ones the most too I think! I wonder if any cool new background stuff is planned for 4.4 and after! :)

Firestem4
October 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Yeah those are cool, but I just end up going back to the plain image. The weather wallpaper is cool too. It changes the image based on the weather.

Its pretty cool if you live somewhere where the weather does change.

Where i live in Southern California the weather is the same year round! lol...I got tired of looking at the wheat-field.

doorknob60
October 8th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Meh, right now the weather one is just showing the default KDE wallpaper (even though it's nice, I can't stand it anymore since I've seen it way too much. Kinda like Bliss in XP but not as bad). I'll keep it set to weather for a while and see what happens though. The slideshow option might be cool too, other than those two, the other don't excite me a ton (if the globe one was as good as google earth or something though, that could be epic :D).

Chronon
October 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Meh, right now the weather one is just showing the default KDE wallpaper (even though it's nice, I can't stand it anymore since I've seen it way too much. Kinda like Bliss in XP but not as bad). I'll keep it set to weather for a while and see what happens though. The slideshow option might be cool too, other than those two, the other don't excite me a ton (if the globe one was as good as google earth or something though, that could be epic :D).

It would be cool if you could generate your own fractals. Still, I have fun with the Mandelbrot.