PDA

View Full Version : Comcast

gletob
October 8th, 2009, 03:00 AM
What do you think about the whole talk (as of right now just talk) of Comcast Cable Purchasing a 51% controlling share of NBC Universal from General Electric? What do you think about Comcast as a whole?

Personally I think that Comcast should stay out of Broadcast television business. I also think that Comcast has grown much too large and that if they keep going, something along the line's of the Federally Mandated split of AT&T Bell into the Baby Bell's (Bell South, Atlantic, Southwest) might happen.

I don't think that Comcast could handle a huge network like NBC or the networks like USA, MSNBC, and CNBC that come along with it.

HappinessNow
October 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM
What do you think about the whole talk (as of right now just talk) of Comcast Cable Purchasing a 51% controlling share of NBC Universal from General Electric? What do you think about Comcast as a whole?

Personally I think that Comcast should stay out of Broadcast television business. I also think that Comcast has grown much too large and that if they keep going, something along the line's of the Federally Mandated split of AT&T Bell into the Baby Bell's (Bell South, Atlantic, Southwest) might happen.

I don't think that Comcast could handle a huge network like NBC or the networks like USA, MSNBC, and CNBC that come along with it.

Comcast has come along way, if it hadn't been for suspenders they never would have got out of the belt business.

toupeiro
October 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I am generally not a fan of huge conglomerates. It hurts the consumer and make healthy competition a near impossibility more than it does any good in most cases.

LookTJ
October 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Well they do have control of some sport broadcast business, namely(formerly Fox businesses) CSC/CSN/CSNBA etc.

Exodist
October 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I am generally not a fan of huge conglomerates. It hurts the consumer and make healthy competition a near impossibility more than it does any good in most cases.

+1

In addition I use their cable service. As the TV part is OK, the iNet goes down alot. Also they are little expensive, at least more so then they should be with the economy in a sham.

SunnyRabbiera
October 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Screw the big companies let them die...
This is just another crock

mobilediesel
October 8th, 2009, 11:28 AM

I think Comcast needs to spend that money on getting their current garbage internet "service" to actually work. Cable and DSL internet providers advertise it as "always on" internet but it's more like "usually on, depending on the weather". I've used Time Warner cable inter and SBC DSL internet before. I currently use Comcast because it's them or dialup in this area.

When I'm able to move out of Michigan, the main requirement of my new location will be the complete absence of Comcast in the area.