PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I installed UBUNTU using WUBI. There is no windows drive on my system now.

the_analyzer
October 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM
How do I acces my windows files?
Ive installed ubuntu before using cds and there was a drive called MEdia, that was the windows drive. But now, that I installed with wubi I dont see any.
please help
regards
e

mikewhatever
October 8th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Are you saying you don't see the Windows drive from Ubuntu? Is there an option to boot Windows when you turn on the computer?

sailthesea
October 8th, 2009, 01:59 AM
If you are in Ubuntu with Wubi look in Places> Filesystem
Press CTRL +h for hidden files and browse Host for your Windows files:P

the_analyzer
October 9th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Are you saying you don't see the Windows drive from Ubuntu? Is there an option to boot Windows when you turn on the computer?

No I can open both systems,
but when I use ubuntu I cannot access my files in windows.
help me please.
what should i do?

PrePenguin
October 9th, 2009, 08:43 PM
You have to mount C Drive I am assuming the partitions are on the same drive? Or are they different drives?

the_analyzer
October 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
You have to mount C Drive I am assuming the partitions are on the same drive? Or are they different drives?

yes, they are installed in the same drive,
Thats why I mentioned WUBI

hope u help,
how do I mount it?

Meow27
October 9th, 2009, 10:05 PM
places -> (name of your C drive)

the_analyzer
October 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
places -> (name of your C drive)

its not that simple, it does not appear there, this is my point.

Phil Newman
October 10th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I haven't been using Ubuntu long :( but I thought if you were using a completely different OS why should you be able to see the contents of the other drive :( I mean you can see the drive on your PC,but you just can't access the contents of if. I could be wrong here but I don't think so. I have WinXP on C/ and Ubuntu on D/ and I can only access one or the other when I decide to boot up.