PDA

View Full Version : A progressive light and sound for wake up

pseudomino
October 8th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Hello
Probably all of you know how hard it is to wake up on the morning, when this f** alarm clock make its ugly sound...
On the contrary, have many of you experienced, like me, that when you are waken up by the sunrise, you feel far more "healthy" and ready for a good day?

That's so true that there are special alarm clock to do that... but expansive.

I was wondering if I could reproduce such a marvellous effect just with my Ubuntu. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but unfortunately I'm not a boss in programming...

Have some of you any idea to :
- display a 'fade in' white/yellow full screen?
- apply a fade in to a undefined sound? ('cause I can transform a particular mp3 with audacity but I would never do it to all my playlists!)

The displaying is my biggest concern...

Well, hoping some people will have some ideas and will be enthusiastic, I say goodnight everybody!

NoaHall
October 8th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I've set my computer to automaticly wake up (from bios) at 7 am, and play some music. Mind you, my fans usually wake me up first.

tom66
October 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM
If you're willing to learn pygame and python (if you haven't already) you could do it yourself.

pseudomino
October 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
okay I probably will have to do it myself, but I'm very starting from scratch, not in programmation in general, but in what concerns all which is graphical

so python is the best to do it?

since we are in open source... does anyone know a program which uses somehow the same features (display a full colored screen...) ? so I can look into the code... ?
I haven't much time so it could speed up all the learning for me

thank u

kai_kan
June 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
Sorry to rouse such an old topic, but I'm wondering whether anyone has actually set this up yet. I'll look into doing this myself, but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if it's been done.

Anyone?