PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] HumanLogin Theme + Studio Task bars how?

DracoJesi
October 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I love the HumanLogin Theme but want a smother, sleeker task bar, like the one that came in studio.... and before.... I just switched out the panel images.... not going to work this time.... not sure if a hybrid one would look good either..... if instead of that background color I have it call an image

but it may look to segmented?

MelDJ
October 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM
in login theme, do you mean login window?

DracoJesi
October 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
lol no, in Karmic there is actually a theme called HumanLogin, it's a beautiful dark theme, that would be perfect IMO when some better polished task bars, the bottom one fits nicely but the top one is bland....

I've seen videos on youtube as well as pictures around the net that show a proposed login were you can filter usernames, it's really cool, I don't know if it's legit but it matches the theme I found!

and the new login is really simple compared to the beauty we got in Jaunty, so I'm not about to assume it's finished :)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9490/theme1.png

not the purple is from me, it was a grey beforehand I think, don't remember.....

Bucky Ball
October 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I personally am not a fan of the Ubuntu Studio artwork at all even though I have all the packages installed. I have a base Xubuntu install with the packages for Ustudio in that and Edubuntu artwork! lol

DracoJesi
October 8th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I personally am not a fan of the Ubuntu Studio artwork at all even though I have all the packages installed. I have a base Xubuntu install with the packages for Ustudio in that and Edubuntu artwork! lol

:mrgreen: lol, you know, I don't like it either at all either, I only like the task bar, because it looks smooth..... and stands out more, especially if against a maximized window...

on Juanty, I'd take studio, change the border and colours....

but then I really liked Vista's bar (not Vista overall though :P )

and I think Studios looked smoother and not as fat......

I don't know, I just think more could be done with the panels.... which haven't changed much over the years...

Bucky Ball
October 10th, 2009, 12:27 AM
From what I've heard Karmic is going to look a little different.