PDA

View Full Version : CRM software for network deployment?

jakey-
October 7th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Heya guys,

To cut an extremely long story short;

I've recently switched jobs, i now work for Gumball 3000 (Which is a pretty cool place to work by the way) and we're having a LOT of CRM issues.

The first problem was is the previous techs hadn't bothered investing in surge protectors resulting in a £600 fee for drive recovery of all the drivers/customer records.

As it stands the records are in MySQL and have a pretty basic PHP UI. This is a long shot but has anybody ever used some sort of CRM system which i can serve off of a Ubuntu box to ~20 LAN clients? The client machines are a mix of OSX and XP which complicates things a little more.

It doesn't have to be anything too complicated or specific. Something open-source which i could build on (and give back to the community of course) would be amazing but at the moment i'm being rushed to deploy.

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far ;)

Jake.

Bufke
October 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Have you looked at SugarCRM? http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/ It's OSS and can run on a Ubuntu server. It's completely web based, though does have some integration with phones, outlook, etc if you buy the commercial version. Uses MySQL as a backend so it shouldn't be hard to import data and it is very customizable.

kevin11951
October 15th, 2009, 04:04 PM
There is another CRM based on sugarcrm, called vtiger, it is harder to edit, but does come with a costumer portal for things like trouble tickets.