PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No laptop functions

johnsonbm1
October 7th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I just upgraded my Jaunty 9.04 version of Ubuntu to the beta of Karmic 9.10 and where Jaunty had all the normal laptop functions ie: Battery meter, Speakers worked, touchpad worked, and had hibernate and sleep functions. Karmic on the other hand has none of these things for me and no ability to enable them in settings. Can someone point me to how to get these functions back?

LinLux451
October 7th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Karmic is still in the alpha stages, and really isn't recommended unless you're a dev. I would suggest keeping Jaunty for awhile because of it being an LTS and is supposed to be pretty solid in general. You might want to wait with questions on Karmic until it is released, or submit your questions to the bugzilla.

Cheezespread
October 7th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I just upgraded my Jaunty 9.04 version of Ubuntu to the beta of Karmic 9.10 and where Jaunty had all the normal laptop functions ie: Battery meter, Speakers worked, touchpad worked, and had hibernate and sleep functions. Karmic on the other hand has none of these things for me and no ability to enable them in settings. Can someone point me to how to get these functions back?

Even the beta may not be suitable for production use. Give it some time.Just few more days and you would have the final release up for grabs. See if there are any problems mentioned with a similar hardware of yours. Else jump in.