PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] White Screen

kamranonline
October 7th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Hey, I am newbie to ubuntu. Installed 9.04 couple of days ago and like using it. I wanted to play with compizconfig settings. I installed the package but couldn't see any effects in action. When i go to system-preferences-appearance-visual effects and select normal or extra option the screen goes completely white and all i see is white screen and my cursor. So just wondering if anything is wrong with my graphics card or something. I am using dell studio with Ati Radeon HD 3450. Looked for some threads and they were talking about FGLRX but i have no idea what that is. Please HELPPPP!

Excedio
October 7th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Hey, I am newbie to ubuntu. Installed 9.04 couple of days ago and like using it. I wanted to play with compizconfig settings. I installed the package but couldn't see any effects in action. When i go to system-preferences-appearance-visual effects and select normal or extra option the screen goes completely white and all i see is white screen and my cursor. So just wondering if anything is wrong with my graphics card or something. I am using dell studio with Ati Radeon HD 3450. Looked for some threads and they were talking about FGLRX but i have no idea what that is. Please HELPPPP!

FGLRX is the ATI Video Card driver for Uubntu.

I was having issues with my ATI drivers and used this last night...worked like a charm

http://tan-com.com/posts/technology/fix-ubuntu-904-ati-driver-issue