PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LiveCD 9.04 username/password?

marknc
October 7th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I just downloaded, check the md5sum of the latest Desktop 32 bit iso, and booted to the LiveCD option and got a username and password GUI?

Is there now a default LiveCD username and password?

Mark

Scunizi
October 7th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Never seen that on a live cd.. have you tried hitting "enter"?

pastalavista
October 7th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I don't believe the user name and password are required (you can leave them blank) unless you want a "secure" session or are setting up for installation. It was that way with some other distros I've tried. I don't remember which.

louieb
October 7th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Should not have to enter user name or password to boot the live CD. Probably a bad burn. Try burning the CD at a slow speed - I use 2x or 4x

Don't think it will work but you can try user name ubuntu and no password. - Thats the default user for the live CD.

marknc
October 7th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Never seen that on a live cd.. have you tried hitting "enter"?

Yea, I hit enter on "try ubuntu without making any changes to your hardrive"

everything booted as normal, GUI started and I got a username and password login

shrugs

marknc
October 7th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Should not have to enter user name or password to boot the live CD. Probably a bad burn. Try burning the CD at a slow speed - I use 2x or 4x

Don't think it will work but you can try user name ubuntu and no password. - Thats the default user for the live CD.

Yea, I burned at the slowest speed my CD would go, and verified the md5sum, I'll try another burn... and check back here after...

Mark

marknc
October 7th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Ok, I did a reburn, and still get username/password, username Ubuntu didn't work. I downloaded 2 NEW iso's from different mirrors, verified md5sum and still get login/password GUI.

Mark

Klondike
October 30th, 2009, 04:29 AM
This is happening for me, now, with the Ubuntu 9.10 live CD. It didn't happen for my laptop, but it does for my desktop. It's frustrating as hell.

joewski
October 30th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Ok, I did a reburn, and still get username/password, username Ubuntu didn't work. I downloaded 2 NEW iso's from different mirrors, verified md5sum and still get login/password GUI.

Mark

Try installing the ISO in Virtualbox, see what the hell the distro is doing. If it boot into a Virtual machine without a password or what. The Release candidate I used didn't ask for a password.

jmatties
November 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM
While trying the live cd, I wanted to download a program and something messed up and logged me out.

I tried username
ubuntu
and no password.

This worked.

jaygo
November 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I tried username
ubuntu
and no password.

This worked.

Yeah, it's the same on the 9.10 livecd (and previous versions, I believe).

dokuro
November 17th, 2009, 03:33 PM
and if it does not... work... ???