PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Quick question about raid0

Noobalot
October 6th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I am using ubuntu on an alienware laptop which can have raid0 but whilst trying to install ubuntu it would stop at a busybox screen...

works fine when i turn raid off and now i have both vista and ubuntu installed on the seperate harddrives.

heres the question then: does ubuntu work with raid0?

im really new to ububntu aswell used it for about 4 days so far so havent had chance ot get used to it but all is good so far :) i would get rid of vista if it was only for the raid problem and the fact i cant get some games to work :/

bb05
October 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I am using ubuntu on an alienware laptop which can have raid0 but whilst trying to install ubuntu it would stop at a busybox screen...

works fine when i turn raid off and now i have both vista and ubuntu installed on the seperate harddrives.

heres the question then: does ubuntu work with raid0?

im really new to ububntu aswell used it for about 4 days so far so havent had chance ot get used to it but all is good so far :) i would get rid of vista if it was only for the raid problem and the fact i cant get some games to work :/

i was talking to an IT guy at my school the other day about this, im 99% sure ubuntu does support RAID 0,1,5,10.

Try checking out this thread

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=413647