PDA

View Full Version : So what's new?

swoll1980
October 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I've been super busy, and haven't had the time to visit recently. Did I miss anything exciting? The default theme in the beta looks pretty "Ubuntu like", the boot splash, and gdm look pretty good though. I made the dean's list at my school, if anyone cares. I'll have to go online, and see how this Ubuntu one thing works, it sounds cool.

Bölvağur
October 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
What is new?
Kermic will be 9.11 as the developers asked for more time due to frequent kernel panics people have been complaining about an the Intel problem.
What else is new? Laroza is back.
And the sky isn't blue... it's actually of no colour at all. It can be of any colour you want. At night it looks black as there is no light, it can be red, purpe, gray, and even green (well... only part of the sky is natural) if you have enough strong green lights lighting up the sky.

LowSky
October 6th, 2009, 07:15 PM
nope still on schedule for October 29
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule

Eisenwinter
October 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
It would be awesome if it was release as 9.11.

I can totally see the US government banning it in the US due to "the OS being a terrorist".

:lolflag:

Sorry :\

Jesus_Valdez
October 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Kinky Kermic, amirite?

Oh, and de Icazza finally made a blog post about Stallman. That's new, not Ubuntu related but anyway.

forrestcupp
October 6th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Here's what's new. Ubuntu decided to switch to the FreeBSD kernel.

dragos240
October 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Ohai swoll! Well.... you haven't missed too much, aside from ricemonster becoming the ruler of mankind.

NoaHall
October 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Microsoft bought OpenOffice.org.

forrestcupp
October 6th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Microsoft bought OpenOffice.org.

They're going to start charging $400 for it. They released Office 2007 under the GPLv3 license.

RiceMonster
October 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
What's new? Linux folded and everyone must delete their Linux Kernel by October 7th at 3:00 pm.

bodyharvester
October 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
the shoes im wearing, my knowledge of Ubuntu/Linux is increasing and im still waiting for the third season of Spice & Wolf :'(

And how are you? Still a non-smoker?

Skripka
October 6th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The Oxford English Dictionary has redefined "Internet, The" as "A system of pipes..."

RichardLinx
October 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Mark Shuttleworth is now an official justice league super hero.

schauerlich
October 7th, 2009, 05:40 AM

O rly?

Sand & Mercury
October 7th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I moved back to Australia, I think that's pretty big news. ;o

-grubby
October 7th, 2009, 05:47 AM
ubuntu-geek sold the forums to me for the low price of $9001

Icehuck
October 7th, 2009, 06:49 AM
ubuntu-geek sold the forums to me for the low price of $9001

It was over 9000!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneone :rolleyes:

ubuntu27
October 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM

Did you just said that LaRoza is back!!???

For Real!?

Excuse me for the exclamation points, but this is worth celebrating.
Got to look for his latest post..

NCLI
October 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
the shoes im wearing, my knowledge of Ubuntu/Linux is increasing and im still waiting for the third season of Spice & Wolf :'(

And how are you? Still a non-smoker?
Horo forever!!:guitar:

Also, Mark Shuttle worth is dead. Tried to launch his own space shuttle built out of cardboard and powered by coffee beans. His last words were: "But, but, it can't fail, it's so broooooown!!!"

forrestcupp
October 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I almost forgot the best news of all. Duke Nukem Forever was finally released, but it was only released on the OpenSolaris platform.

RiceMonster
October 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I almost forgot the best news of all. Duke Nukem Forever was finally released, but it was only released on the OpenSolaris platform.

Also related, the HURD has been completed and Duke Nukem Forever will shortley be released for GNU/HURD (which uses E17 final as the window manager).

ubuntu27
October 7th, 2009, 11:29 PM
What's new is that the City of Hardin in Montana, USA has been occupied by an private police force. Hardin is in a condition that we can just describe it as Martial Law.

sailthesea
October 8th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Good to have you back!

Frak
October 8th, 2009, 05:24 AM
The forum software turned out to be pirated by a pirate who loves to pirate pyrite in eastern Africa, so Ubuntu-geek had to pay $9001 to have it reinstated.

CJ Master
October 8th, 2009, 05:34 AM

I now hate you. For life. I was so hopeful >.>

ubuntu27
October 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Did you just said that LaRoza is back!!???

For Real!?

Excuse me for the exclamation points, but this is worth celebrating.
Got to look for his latest post..

I now hate you. For life. I was so hopeful >.>

Bölvağur got us all right. We have to watch out for Bölvağur when April Fools day comes.