PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weather On System Clock HELP!

marsdend
October 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I have been fiddling for ages with this trying to get it to work! lol

Basically I am wanting the weather for Workington, Cumbria UK to display by the clock, I can get Carlisle Weather but this is 32 Mile away and completely different weather.

I have tried putting in the Latitude and Longitude and this doesn't work, I have attached a screenshot of my current settings.

Please can you help!
Thanks In Advance,
Dan

ajgreeny
October 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm afraid that Workington is not a possibility in this applet. You will need to accept whichever town/city listed when you try to add one that is nearest to Workington. You can't just type a town name and expect it to work that way; only places that have weather stations that can be web searched are listed, I think, such as RAF Stations etc etc. If you have any of those nearby, search for their name in the Location ->Add tab of clock preferences

Maheriano
October 6th, 2009, 04:27 PM
32 miles isn't that far, that's pretty much the distance from my old apartment to the weather station at the airport here. It should be relatively the same weather.

sridharpandu
November 24th, 2009, 09:21 AM
In my case the weather doesn't display even though I have enabled "Show weather" in the preferences and selected my location (Asia/Calcutta). Can somebody help.

sridharpandu
November 24th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I located the correct post here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8376772#post8376772