PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB/ISO image file error

dan233
October 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Hello,

I have transfered "ubuntu N remix" as an ISO image onto my USB drive.I did verify the hash before that and the result was ok.

It also seems like the installation itself was ok too.
The thing is that before rebooting from the USB drive in order to install ubuntu, several options appear on the secreen. One of these allows to verify the integrity of the ISO file.

When I select that option, it says that 1 file is corrupted.
I have reformated the usb drive, reinstalled the ISO on it. doesnt solve the problem.
SO I was wondering if there is a way to know what this file exactly is and if it is important. I know small errors can have annoying consequences at some point,even though everything appears to be normal when I use the OS
thanks

utnubuuser
October 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
did you do a md5sum check after downloading?

dan233
October 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM
did you do a md5sum check after downloading?

Yes. like I said in my message I did verify the hash with "WinMd5Sum" as was recommended in the tutorial I found on the ubuntu site. the result was a perfect a match.

utnubuuser
October 6th, 2009, 07:34 AM
sorry, didn't see that in the original post. I don't know much about the netbook version install -- was under the impression that they had to be written/burned/installed as something other than an iso though.

wilee-nilee
October 6th, 2009, 07:37 AM
The nt remix is a image file did you use the image burner to install it on the usb

dan233
October 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
The nt remix is a image file did you use the image burner to install it on the usb
Yes. I used "win32diskimager" like I said in my original post.I also have successfully installed ubuntu this way on computers in the past
now I am wondering what this corrupt file is even though it doesnt prevent me from installing ubuntu N remix at all. I m just wondering why there is a file error and whether it could cause any future problems