PDA

View Full Version : Survey for class on coffee

lyceum
October 6th, 2009, 04:40 AM
If you would not mind helping me out, I had to make a survey for an e-marketing class about coffee and I need some people to fill it out. If you have the time and wouldn't mind filling it out I would really appreciate it. It's only 10 easy questions.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=nR7seROhj0z_2b4X8wIaPEyQ_3d_3d

-edit-

Thanks to everyone that helped! I got more than I needed :)

-grubby
October 6th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I was about to complete it, but there's no "under 18" option for age.

dragos240
October 6th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Same here, but I chose the nearest option.

aldld
October 6th, 2009, 05:40 AM
What about people who don't drink coffee? :P

RichardLinx
October 6th, 2009, 05:44 AM

In the Linux world, there's no such thing.

Chronon
October 6th, 2009, 05:47 AM
One of the questions asked about whether I suggest deals to friends -- there was not a "no I don't" option so I left it blank.

Sean Moran
October 6th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Seeings we're discussing the survey, I should own up to what stopped me, which was the 'aspx' question, and then after reading the first two questions and seeing a NEXT button, assumedly for another of four more aspx pages, I 'bailed'. I'm not running SeaMonkey yet on this Karmic beta and don't know how to get Firefox to ask me about cookies, so that's why I was frightened.

I buy my powdered coffee from the minimart and go through around 12-15g per day, never after noon if that helps the survey at all.

NoaHall
October 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM
That might just be the most biased survey I've ever done. If you want to do well in class, change it!

PurposeOfReason
October 6th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Give me my morning cup of the cheapest coffee you have. Black please.

lyceum
October 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I was about to complete it, but there's no "under 18" option for age.

Same here, but I chose the nearest option.

Sorry, I don't drink coffee myself and think of it as smoking (I don't smoke either) and never thought anyone under 18 would be allowed to do it.

I am not so sure. I drink a lot of soda with caffeine in it for the taste, I am immune to the effects of caffeine and many other drugs, but I could never drink coffee, it smells good but the one time I tried it the flavor was horrid. But that is just me.

Thanks for the help though!

pricetech
October 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Your second question doesn't let me answer "unlikely" to more than one category.

A "hell no" or "never in a million years" option would be nice too.

Latte is French for "you paid too much for that cup of coffee".

If it helps:
I would kill for coffee when I first roll out of bed but would only maim for a cup the rest of the day.
I buy it ground and brew it myself.
I take it with creamer, sometimes French Vanilla creamer.
No sugar.
I wish I could find Kona somewhere around here.
I brew it strong so it "kicks my butt".
Day old coffee is fine. As long as the microorganisms are not moving under their own power, it's good coffee.
I'm not picky about brands but my Wife is.

If that's more than you wanted to know, blame it on the caffeine.

koenn
October 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
except perl programmers, they drink tea

lyceum
October 6th, 2009, 10:16 PM
That might just be the most biased survey I've ever done. If you want to do well in class, change it!

You will need to be more specific. The survey was already approved by my professor and I got an A, 100% for it. I now need the results to write a paper. All of my questions target a fake client that is a Starbucks knockoff. I do not drink coffee, so if there is something I can do to make it better, please let me know!

lyceum
October 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM

:D classy lol

NoaHall
October 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
You're leading us to a SET answer. You're forcing us to choose. What subject is this for? At what level?

lyceum
October 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM
You're leading us to a SET answer. You're forcing us to choose. What subject is this for? At what level?

e-marketing, this is my capstone class, I graduate after I pass this with a BA in Digital Communications - e-marketing/web design focus, and good job - you figured it out! ;)

:guitar:

tcoffeep
October 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
If you would not mind helping me out, I had to make a survey for an e-marketing class about coffee and I need some people to fill it out. If you have the time and wouldn't mind filling it out I would really appreciate it. It's only 10 easy questions.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=nR7seROhj0z_2b4X8wIaPEyQ_3d_3d

You're welcome. I hope I ranked it correctly.

OpenGuard
October 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Completed!

-grubby
October 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry, I don't drink coffee myself and think of it as smoking (I don't smoke either) and never thought anyone under 18 would be allowed to do it.

Except coffee isn't an addictive drug, coffee doesn't have incredibly bad effects on minors, and, well, coffee's only effect on me seems to be deliciousness and the energizing thing.

Mornedhel
October 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM

No we don't...

suitedaces
October 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Coffee is the devil.

OpenGuard
October 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Except coffee isn't an addictive drug, coffee doesn't have incredibly bad effects on minors, and, well, coffee's only effect on me seems to be deliciousness and the energizing thing.

Coffee increases blood pressure, which means, it can result in some kind of addiction.

Coffee is the devil.

Almost every product have it's own negative/positive aspects.

Mornedhel
October 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM

Actually, coffee is addictive. Caffeine works in exactly the same way as any psychoactive drug, taking the place of a neurotransmitter in the corresponding receptors, but not activating them (so the neurotransmitter doesn't have the intended effect, which is not yet understood but revolves around relieving stress and stuff). Thus more receptors are produced, increasing your tolerance to caffeine, and ensuring you'll have withdrawal symptoms (most of the time a headache, up to nausea) when you stop taking doses.

You can get a caffeine overdose and die, but you'll need to drink the equivalent of ~10 espresso-equivalents before you get nasty effects, and ~20 espressos to die. (Assuming around 100mg of caffeine per espresso.)

Alphonse Allais said (my translation): "Coffee is what makes you sleepy when you don't drink any", and actually, he was exactly right -- when you're consuming your usual intake, you're in roughly the same shape, need-to-sleep-wise, as someone who never drinks any coffee, but you do get the artificial energizing effect. When you stop consuming coffee, usually on the evening since "coffee wakes you up", you get sleepy *because of your lack of caffeine*, not because you were sleep-resistant with caffeine.
Energizing aspects are possibly partly placebo. Mostly we just don't exactly know, last time I checked. IANAB -- I am not a biologist.

I drink it because it tastes great (acquired taste maybe ?) and for the social aspect. You get very interesting discussions around the coffee machine in the lab. Fun fact: the ancestor of the webcam was, possibly, a networked camera set up in a computer lab to let people check on the status of the coffee pot from their computer.

Edit: Wiki ref for the webcam : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_room_coffee_pot

Eisenwinter
October 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Survey completed.

chucky chuckaluck
October 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
"do you tell your friends about discounts, blah, blah, blah..."

where's the 'no' option?

ElSlunko
October 7th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Done! Good luck on your course!

Nevon
October 7th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Actually, coffee is addictive.[...]
Thank you. I was just about to write that myself, but now I see that I don't have to.

Sorry, I don't drink coffee myself and think of it as smoking (I don't smoke either) and never thought anyone under 18 would be allowed to do it. [...]I am not so sure. I drink a lot of soda with caffeine in it
You see drinking coffee as smoking, which you don't, but you still drink caffeinated sodas? That's... Weird.

Also, why would you not want to tell what gender you are? Why not have that option for age groups? And what was up with having only positive choices for the "do you tell your friends about sales"-question? This was a very, very poorly constructed survey, I must say.

diskotek
October 7th, 2009, 11:15 PM
i love coffee, i did the survey

Dharmachakra
October 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I helped ya out.

My neighbor became a coffee 'taste tester' after he retired. His brother owns a small roasting company so coffee has always been a pretty big deal in his family. He's brought out the coffee connoisseur in me.

Keyper7
October 8th, 2009, 12:10 AM

Lemme guess: and you can stop anytime you want? ;)

tsali
October 8th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Coffee is the devil.

Only when decaffeinated. Decaf = Satan

lyceum
October 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thank you. I was just about to write that myself, but now I see that I don't have to.

You see drinking coffee as smoking, which you don't, but you still drink caffeinated sodas? That's... Weird.

Also, why would you not want to tell what gender you are? Why not have that option for age groups? And what was up with having only positive choices for the "do you tell your friends about sales"-question? This was a very, very poorly constructed survey, I must say.

I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints since I was 4. We have a "Word Of Wisdom" that forbids "hot drinks." http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/89 That means no coffee and tea officially, but herbal tea is okay as long as it is not too hot. Hot chocolate, which is my "hot drink" of choice, is also okay, as long as it is not too hot. Too hot is boiling to me, but subject to interpretation by all members. Some of my faith add all drinks with caffeine to these thinking that is the reason for the ban on coffee and tea. But, there is not real rule on this and it is not from God, rather their own interpretation, which is fine for them. I did not even see coffee in the hands of someone my own age until I was 18. I did not grow up hanging out with kids of my faith, so I just thought all kids didn't drink coffee. I know better now, but it is not something I really sit around thinking about, so I forgot about it when making the survey (which is why I would not take a client like this in real life - I would not think myself qualified).

As for the sex vs age question, that is simple - there are those who feel asking for an age is sexist and I wanted to know for my own reasons, not for class. I find that in the web surveys I have put out in the past, normally mostly females answer them. I wanted to see if it would be the same on this one. I posted the survey in a few forums, this one was the only non-coffee forum, but I know programmers like caffeine, so I thought it would be a good thing to do. I need age for the class. I have to know what generations are being represented.

lyceum
October 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM
"do you tell your friends about discounts, blah, blah, blah..."

where's the 'no' option?

Either "I don't but I should" or you can skip the question.