PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Seems as if my computer is slowly crashing?

caffeinatedcupcake
October 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Okke first off ive been having problems adding new software to my computer and now i cant update it at all, when i click the update manager it opens as it normally does but when i click install updates an error message pops up:
Not enough free disk space

The upgrade needs a total of 234M free space on disk '/'. Please free at least an additional 234M of disk space on '/'. Empty your trash and remove temporary packages of former installations using 'sudo apt-get clean'.

so i type in sudo-apt get clean, and it does absolutley nothing. Im not sure what to do, pretty much all i can use right now is the internet bbecause all of my programs say they cant do the things they used to. u.u please please help!

binary00mind
October 6th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Hi, First open the folder manager in your home directory and anywhere in the right panel between the folders or files
right click and when menu will show up click on the properties. How big is your drive? and how much is free?
Also did you recently make any backups and/or download some videos and/or audio files?
And last but not least, when did you check your free space last time?
How long ago and how much was free.

P.S.
I gather that you have your Ubuntu installed on 1 single drive if not check other drives like / and var if you have one.