PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] bluray burning

burntresistor
October 6th, 2009, 12:37 AM
I want to buy a bluray burner. Before I do I want to make sure there is software for linux that would allow me to burn the disks. I currently use K3b which doesn't have the option.

jacksonz123z
January 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Under karmic I wrote 22Gig of music to a BD-RE using Brasero on a Pioneer drive. Brasero worked flawlessly. Burning speed was approximately 4000kB/sec (x1). I was not expecting this support.
No other experiments yet.

jacksonz123z
January 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
One year later, another experiment! I tried to write data to a blu-ray rewrite using Brasero and then K3B. Both were very slow and failed about half way into the burn.

I'm pleased to report Nerolinux4 performed flawlessly.

jacksonz123z
January 28th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Funny, another year has gone by. Well Nero linux Express crashed half way into a Blu-ray burn and the disc is a coaster.

I tried K3B. At the very end I got a fatal input output error! However the files appear to be present and readable.

I'll try again next year! Good Luck..

naviathan
August 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM
This is disappointing to say the least. I was really hoping that after years of blu-ray availability Linux would have something. Nero isn't supporting Nero Linux 4 anymore and they don't seem to have anything updated for Linux at all.