PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wrong default application : very annoying

roy.nico
October 5th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hej everybody.

I updated recently from 8.04 to 9.04 byformatting the / partition, installing the new ubuntu, but keeping the old /home partition.
When i clic on the gnome menu "Shortcuts/home folder", it starts Baobab (Disk Usage Analyzer) instead of Nautilus as expected. The same for all shortcuts Video, Music, and so on... very annoying. To see my home folder, i need to open a terminal and start nautilus manually.

Any idea to fix this will be (very) welcome :)
Thanks in advance,

nicolas

SlugSlug
October 5th, 2009, 01:21 PM
goto places > computer in left panel click home in right panel right click Desktop > open with > file browser

that should fix it...

roy.nico
October 6th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the answer.

But it doesn't work.

* Places/Computer opens indeed Nautilus, then everything works normally, double clic on a folder will open the folder.
* But Places/home opens baobab.
* The same for Places/bookmarks/Video (or Music, ...)

nicolas

SlugSlug
October 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the answer.

But it doesn't work.

* Places/Computer opens indeed Nautilus, then everything works normally, double clic on a folder will open the folder.
* But Places/home opens baobab.
* The same for Places/bookmarks/Video (or Music, ...)

nicolas

what if you right click it open with then always use this application and select the file browser

am not on my pc at the mo so cnt find correct way, but it will work as I did it recently to my dads..

roy.nico
October 7th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Hej !

what if you right click it open with then always use this application and select the file browser

If i right clic on Places/computer, there is no menu, it open Nautilus on "computer:///", as i said before.
If i open Nautilus (with command line), on the left panel clic on home/my_name, and on the right panel clic on "open with", i have a list of applications that i can choose, but no such option like "always use this application"...

nico

roy.nico
October 7th, 2009, 09:09 AM
This was actually a bug, which appear when one has several possible applications associated to folders, under Hardy, and one updates to Jaunty for exemple. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/366963
* Unfortunately, it is not possible to fix this thru le menus, because in Jaunty, the tab "open with", in the "properties" window of folders is no longer available.
* To fix it, modify per hand the file .local/share/applications/mimeapps.list . On the line starting with "inode/directory", make the option "nautilus-folder-handler.desktop;" as the first one.

Hope this will help others.

Nico