PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 7.04 Repositories

kmuzheri
October 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hello Guys.

I have Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn), I am trying to link up with the repositories for downloading codecs. The error I am getting is a website 404 error. From my research, this error comes about when the server can not find the page or resource you want. So the question is "Can I get another path to the repositories for Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty)".

Your Assistance is greatly appreciated.

MelDJ
October 5th, 2009, 11:15 AM
from what i know feisty fawn is no longer supported. why not use hardy or jaunty instead?

wieman01
October 5th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Please don't use 7.04 any more. Since all repositories are removed and support is expired, you will have to install the latest version from scratch.

Wait a few more days and you can go for 9.10.

slakkie
October 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Hi,

upgrade to 8.04, see my signature for an howto.

Or use old-releases.ubuntu.com, but be aware that your system is unsupported by both community and Canonical.

jefelex
October 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hi,

upgrade to 8.04, see my signature for an howto.

Or use old-releases.ubuntu.com, but be aware that your system is unsupported by both community and Canonical.

How can questions about an old release be not supported by the community? I thought that if I asked a questions about an older release, someone would answer - what's to say the newest releases will work with the older hardware? No one has answered that question that I know of - if I upgrade my old laptop (7.10) to koala for instance, will it work better? are the newer releases backwardly compatible with the older releases?

John