PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu forum introduction theard.

wdzieczny
October 5th, 2009, 04:56 AM
This is just an idea but I haven't found any form of introduction thread on these forums. Mods! you should sticky an introduction thread somewhere on here so everyone can get to know each other. I don't know? Any thoughts on this?

I'm Ryan Wdzieczny I currently work freelance Linux administration I have corp. sponsorship to acquire my Linux+,LPIC-1,UCP,and RHCE I've been working with Linux for roughly 3 years I'm no expert but I'm certainly trying to become one. I'm also involved with BSD to a small extent as a hobby (please, Don't ask for help with it has I'm quite fresh in the BSD world haha like I said its just a Hobby) I'm a Huge Denver, Broncos fan (die hard! I've been a fan since my mother put me in a cradle in 1986 during every Broncos game one month after I was born no joke either haha)

Anyways that's just a short introduction of who I am, I think this should be sticked somewhere not my introduction just a place for everyone to post a little something about themselves Why not ? Makes it a little easier for everyone when they have an idea who there working with.

Ryan | Wdzieczny >>

handy
October 5th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I'm sure there is one around here somewhere.

There used to be anyway.

Sean Moran
October 5th, 2009, 05:25 AM

There used to be anyway.
Perhaps the Testimonials if there's not something more urgent that needs attention.

Personally, the title shows me something new that I wish I'd thought of at Don Muang airport a few years ago when they threw me in the deep end of multi-lingual obscenities as I made it through customs. If I'd read between the lines of what she said in "This my husband, Mr Therd." as in 'Theard' as in 'heard' it might not have been so difficult to pronounce as a name for someone you're supposed to respect. I was totally stumped as to how I should have 'heard' it, coming from these Antipodes. :)

wdzieczny
October 5th, 2009, 05:35 AM

There used to be anyway.

I just thought It'd be a good idea to sticky something like this. It not only would provide people with a little background knowledge but also would some what let each other know what experience level there at in Linux so, It'd be easier to help people with that kind of knowledge I believe.

Just my thoughts,

Ryan Wdzieczny

Sean Moran
October 5th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I just thought It'd be a good idea to sticky something like this. It not only would provide people with a little background knowledge but also would some what let each other know what experience level there at in Linux so, It'd be easier to help people with that kind of knowledge I believe.

Just my thoughts,

Ryan Wdzieczny
The café is perhaps the right place for this IMHO (not that anything will stick anywhere without the right hammer and some epoxy resin), and please don't be offended that I saw something really helpful in a very minor typo. It's a fairly fast-paced forum for what little I know, so maybe 7 billion is too many people, but I agree that it's not easy to give an honest account of oneself to qualify different degrees of opinion in various different topics in an hurry, but maybe three Moons in the right moccasins are where it's at? I wouldn't have a clue just yet.

wdzieczny
October 5th, 2009, 05:47 AM
The café is perhaps the right place for this IMHO (not that anything will stick anywhere without the right hammer and some epoxy resin), and please don't be offended that I saw something really helpful in a very minor typo. It's a fairly fast-paced forum for what little I know, so maybe 7 billion is too many people, but I agree that it's not easy to give an honest account of oneself to qualify different degrees of opinion in various different topics in an hurry, but maybe three Moons in the right moccasins are where it's at? I wouldn't have a clue just yet.

Well, Your absolutely right, It is a fast moving thread/message board and I'd imagine people fade in and out on a regular biases but, I like I said just some general background knowledge might be good for the community at large and in helping people out you know? nothing major just a quick reference of who's who you know?

-Ryan Wdzieczny

handy
October 5th, 2009, 07:09 AM
If 500 of the >900,000 registered users posted their info, in an introduction thread, it would certainly become an unwieldy thread.

I think such threads are of particular use in both new forums when they are just starting out to help increase the sense of community & also in small forums for the same reason.

In a forum such as this, there are just too many members. imho

t0p
October 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Who people are and how much they think they know about Ubuntu/Linux/computing is irrelevant to me. I'll help anyone, and I'll accept help from anyone.

The internet is a cold, impersonal "place". Thank the goddess!

Sean Moran
October 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Who people are and how much they think they know about Ubuntu/Linux/computing is irrelevant to me. I'll help anyone, and I'll accept help from anyone.

The Internet is a cold, impersonal "place". Thank the goddess!
On that note I think It might be a good time to use this thread to say goodnight, for tonight, and while this 'Linux Mindset'/pentadactyl/left/right-brain has taken such a large part of my thoughts over the last week, I might be wise to put a little more effort into getting all this wonderful random data into patterns that I can work with over the rest of this week, and so see you tomorrow but not to just hang around here in the Café all day like I've become fairly accustomed to doing recently.

Have a pleasant Monday evening and good sweet dreams until tomorrow, unless there's anything urgent?, Goodnight.

handy
October 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
The internet is a cold, impersonal "place". Thank the goddess!

I'm glad I use a different service provider than you. :shock:

t0p
October 5th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I'm glad I use a different service provider than you. :shock:

I don't see what my choice of ISP has to do with it. Unless yours provides a companion to whisper sweet nothings in your ear while you surf the interwebs?

random turnip
October 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
And a theard is...?

I don't really see much need for one.
Most people's first post is something in the absolute beginner section.

handy
October 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I don't see what my choice of ISP has to do with it. Unless yours provides a companion to whisper sweet nothings in your ear while you surf the interwebs?

Maybe you'll happen on a better provider sometime in the future?