PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Problems with 9.10 upgrade

JPKnowMad
October 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I tried to upgrade from ubuntu 9.04 yesterday, im fairly new to ubuntu btw, I downloaded the new 9.10 beta for ubuntustudio, burned image to dvd, made it through all the steps but when i selected what software i wanted installed(i picked all 4 options) it made it like halfway through and said installation of selected software failed, the next step was grub 2 install which also failed. Am I doing something wrong? after the attempt failed, i restarted my laptop and it appears as though it reverted to 9.04 but now i have this 2.5gb drive mounted on my desktop with what looks like sys files from ubuntustudio dvd. I tried unmounting it and restarting but that didnt work. So my two questions are, How can I successfully perform a clean install using this dvd and how can i get rid of this 2.5gb media drive mounted on my desktop? Thank you everybody

JPKnowMad
October 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Ok, so i gave up on the install cd.
I just went and did the update-manage -d from terminal and upgraded to 9.10 successfuly.
I still have this 2.5GB drive on my comp i wanna get rid of
It shows up in places menu, and it is right under "computer"
if i right or left click on it, it brings up a request for my admin password to mount the volume
Once mounted it looks like it is full of the ubuntustudio files from the install cd
I just want to get rid of it.
Thank you

JPKnowMad
October 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
So I got rid of the volume with disk utility