PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Openoffice.org-emailmerge trouble

g-raf
October 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I've never been able to install/upgrade the openoffice.org-emailmerge package. It seems like a dkms related problem. I can't install any of the new openoffice packages/upgrades in the update manager because of the emailmerge package problem.

I've tried to remove the package through synaptic, but i get
E: openoffice.org-emailmerge: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
I should what? That's what i'd really like to know. I can't reinstall emailmerge through synaptic because i've downloaded the updates and it won't let me select reinstall.

g-raf
October 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
According to what dkms said in the terminal, I need to reinstall the package because it's in a very inconsistent state. How can should i do it?

g-raf
October 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I just tried
sudo dkms --configure-a in the terminal, and then
sudo apt-get --reinstall openoffice.org-emailmerge but it went straight back to the emailmerge update and froze immediately.

g-raf
October 6th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I just tried installing the generic kernel and i think it installed. After installing, it jumped right back into the emailmerge update and froze. I then manually shut down my compter, restarted it and tried to load the generic kernel, but there was no generic kernel to select...only the rt kernel. This is pretty frustrating and i'm hoping to find a way out of this trouble.

g-raf
October 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Please tell me: how can i install and boot the generic kernel? I've installed the generic kernel, kernel image and restricted modules, but there is no generic kernel to select from the kernel screen when restarting the computer. Right now i only have the ubuntu studio rt kernel. I'm hoping that loading the generic kernel will allow me to upgrade/install packages that i need, including security upgrades.