PDA

View Full Version : upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10 beta and then to 9.20 final. Is it wise?

legolas_w
October 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I am planning to upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 beta and then update the beta to RC and finally to FCS. however I have the following questions:

How big will the update from beta to FCS will be? I mean 100 megabytes? is there any drawback associated to this method?

I need to do this to save some megabytes from my monthly bandweidth.

Thanks.

Sean Moran
October 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I am planning to upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 beta and then update the beta to RC and finally to FCS. however I have the following questions:

How big will the update from beta to FCS will be? I mean 100 megabytes? is there any drawback associated to this method?

I need to do this to save some megabytes from my monthly bandweidth.

Thanks.
We had a thread in the Cafe which got moved to the Developers' section.

I said all I want to regret saying therein. :popcorn:

---o0o----

One last thing. I could be wrong, but I guess that the nines might follow suit with the eights, and 9.10 beta might become 9.10 Release Final Bob's yer Uncle if my predictions should prove Nostradamic...

Until then, I'll keep working on the 693Mb beta and trust that I can strain the necessary updates into 700Mb if all else fails.

dragos240
October 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM
upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10 beta and then to 9.20 final. Is it wise?

Unless there's a 20th month, there is no 9.20.

legolas_w
October 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM

It was a typo and I fixed it :D

Thanks.

dragos240
October 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Ah thanks.

Sean Moran
October 4th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Ah thanks.
Hush now!...

... or somebody might jump in and suggest we <upgrade> to phpBB so that we can edit our post-titles! :lolflag:

Khakilang
October 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
As long as it work. Nothing else matters.

SunnyRabbiera
October 4th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Personally I would wait for Beta 2 (if there is one) or RC1 instead of the beta, too many updates involved I wager.

Giant Speck
October 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hush now!...

... or somebody might jump in and suggest we <upgrade> to phpBB so that we can edit our post-titles! :lolflag:
That's something we could already do with vBulletin if the admins set the time-limit for editing titles to something other than 0.

Rhapsody
October 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I've been tempted to jump in at the beta myself, though I decided against it. I'll just wait until the final release. It's only a month to wait.

steveneddy
October 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Unless you are actually testing, or just bored, I would just wait for the full release them install that.

Eisenwinter
October 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I was going to point this out, and then point a finger and laugh at the OP.

Skripka
October 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hush now!...

Which would you rather have, a functioning UbuntuForums...or the ability to change thread titles? vBulletin is the only forums software that can drive a system as massive and as busy as this.