PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Mac4Lin Menu Bar Problem.

CBR1100XX
October 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hey, just got done installing the latest Mac4Lin on my Ubuntu 9.04.

Everything went well, but had trouble installing the AWN dock. Went with the Cairo dock.

However, the menu bar looks like crap, and I don't know why. It does this in every theme I have, with whatever background I choose to use as the menu bar background. If you take a look at the included screen shot, you'll see that there are two [COLOR=Red]red[COLOR=Black] lines under the left and right areas of the menu bar. Those are the trouble spots I'm talking about.

They don't want to "blend in" no matter what I try and it's really annoying. Not to mention having the gnome foot up in the corner ruins the "mac look".

Any help in this are would greatly be appreciated. Also, please note that I am a newbie in Ubuntu.

Thanks. :)

And here's the image.

earthpigg
October 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
hi,

try logging out and back in.

also, see attached

CBR1100XX
October 3rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. I've logged in and out, restarted and nothing works.

earthpigg
October 3rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. I've logged in and out, restarted and nothing works.

nothing works?

CBR1100XX
October 4th, 2009, 01:45 AM
nothing works?

Unfortunately no.

I tried the bars you posted, I still end up with the same problem. The left and right sides are cut off from the rest of the menu bar. #-o

CBR1100XX
October 4th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Anyone know why this is happening?

CBR1100XX
October 5th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the help Earthpigg, do appreciate it.

But for some reason, Ubuntu isn't working out for me. I installed Firefox 3.5 only to have it disappear, various other installs which won't quite work despite me following the install instructions to the letter and now this annoying theming issue.

Ubuntu is great, but for each step forward, it feels like I'm taking two back. I love Ubuntu and hope that maybe one day I'll be able to use it as my main OS. For the time being, I'm going to reformat and install my copy of Windows 7 and have Ubuntu installed within Windows 7 so I can keep toying and hopefully learning what I'm doing and why things happen the way they do.