PDA

View Full Version : How has Justin.tv not been taken down?

Mateo
October 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
It's a website where people stream network channels... and it's quite popular... how has it dodged lawsuits?

ktar
October 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
It's a website where people stream network channels... and it's quite popular... how has it dodged lawsuits?

How has NinjaVideo dodged lawsuits?

ice60
October 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM
i don't watch streaming channels much, i've seen chelsea play/win a couple of times and that's it. but, i think the policy is if someone owns the work and complains it will be taken down. if no one complains it is streamed.

LowSky
October 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
they are probably based in countries that have no laws governing rebroadcasting of foreign media

SuperSonic4
October 3rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
i've seen chelsea play/win/cheat

Fixed :popcorn:

Probably because it's not too popular like thepiratebay for example

For example Linux Mint has codecs installed which are not legal in the US but it still survives

ice60
October 3rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Fixed :popcorn:
i feel your pain. it can't be nice seeing the success chelsea has. what's it like supporting a team that never wins anything?

steev182
October 3rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Lets see how successful Chelesa are next season whilst they can't make any new signings. I reckon Roman is gonna get bored of it. But they broke the rules and they are paying for it now...

ice60
October 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
i just checked who SuperSonic supports - the mighty villa. i should give them the respect they deserve - they did very well in the 2000 FA cup, they got all the way to the final.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_FA_Cup_Final

Mateo
October 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
they are probably based in countries that have no laws governing rebroadcasting of foreign media

They are based in San Francisco, and have been funded by a big venture capitalist firm.

Mateo
October 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Since the Premier League is won by either Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal every year, with Liverpool being the only other team with a shot at it, I can't follow the league.

Eisenwinter
October 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
The premier league is boring, I prefer La Liga (spanish league).

SuperSonic4
October 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM
i feel your pain. it can't be nice seeing the success chelsea has. what's it like supporting a team that never wins anything?

It's local.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_European_Cup_Final

i just checked who SuperSonic supports - the mighty villa. i should give them the respect they deserve - they did very well in the 2000 FA cup, they got all the way to the final.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_FA_Cup_Final

Where we were beaten by Chelsea. You can't win them all. Which sums up Chelsea in Europe really

And Chelsea did cheat - they illegally signed a player (read the transfer ban), Drogba hits the dirt more often than an Olympic diver and a suspicious amount of injury time in both halves against Stoke.

I do have to admit that I prefer the Championship - there is less showboating and the game is tougher