PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Minimal CD + USB

nathand28
October 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I think the minimal install CD is great, but I'm wondering if it comes with support for USB devices.

The thing is, when I tried to install Ubuntu with the minimal cd, it didn't detect my network hardware. Since my network card is fried, I have to use the router cable + usb adapter. After trying Ubuntu with the Live CD, it works perfectly, and I can connect to and use the internet.
So, I couldn't install Ubuntu with the Minimal install CD.

Does the minimal CD come with support for USB devices?

r+9
October 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Likely best to just try it, but if I recall it's not a LiveCD sort of install, it will look to connect during the "alternative install"

however if you're doing USB-wired it might be different. Can't hurt to try.

robbieo11
October 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
click on network icon on desktop and connect to network you can also edit is to auto connect

nathand28
October 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
click on network icon on desktop and connect to network you can also edit is to auto connect
If you had read my post correctly, you'd see I'm trying to install with the minimal cd, so there is no desktop.

earthpigg
October 3rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
the non-exhaustive testing i have done with the minimal CD indicates that it supports all the same hardware -- though it obviously does not come with graphical tools to work with it or automation. you will have to manually mount, etc.