PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] KDE desktop icons gone!

tuahaa
October 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hey everybody. The other day I installed Ubuntu 9.10 beta (Gnome), and then I also installed KDE desktop on it so I could use both sessions. However, when I first booted into KDE, I saw the Desktop icons in a box on the desktop. I was playing around and discovering what KDE was and then I don't know what I clicked and then the desktop box (which had the icons disappeared off the screen!

It's not really important as I can access the files through the menu, but I would really appreciate it if anybody can help me.

PS. It looks like KDE4 still needs a few bug fixes.

benerivo
October 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
The box they were in was one of many desktop plasmoids available to add to the desktop. If you right click anywhere on the desktop, then you can select 'Add Widget' (i think this is what it says). In the new window that opens you can double click on widgets to add them to the desktop. The one you want is called 'Folder View'.

tuahaa
October 3rd, 2009, 10:22 AM
The box they were in was one of many desktop plasmoids available to add to the desktop. If you right click anywhere on the desktop, then you can select 'Add Widget' (i think this is what it says). In the new window that opens you can double click on widgets to add them to the desktop. The one you want is called 'Folder View'.

Thanks D00d! You rock!

:guitar: