PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Brainstorm is seriously cool isn't it? :)

hoppipolla
October 3rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
I'd never really spotted it before! That's really awesome! A bunch of the other stuff on the Get Involved page is good too, but I think Ubuntu Brainstorm is the only one I had completely overlooked (is it new? :) )

Here is the link: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

and for convenience, here's the link to the Get Involved page for anyone like me who is still finding ways they can help! - http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

Hoppi :)

stinger30au
October 3rd, 2009, 06:28 AM
brainstorm web site is a brilliant idea

cant get much more community involvement then this is reckon

hoppipolla
October 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'll bump this just once as it would be cool if more people saw it who didn't know before :)

praveesh
October 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yes . This is one of the features that I love very much in Ubuntu . I could find a similar one in KDE too . The kde brainstorm. I couldn't find one for Gnome.

hoppipolla
October 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Yes . This is one of the features that I love very much in Ubuntu . I could find a similar one in KDE too . The kde brainstorm. I couldn't find one for Gnome.

Oh really there is a KDE Brainstorm? That's cool I'll have to look for that :)

cguy
October 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Question is: do the developers really care about what's written there?

praveesh
October 3rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Oh really there is a KDE Brainstorm? That's cool I'll have to look for that :)

good luck . Here's the link http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#cat83 .I have posted a few ideas. That's one of the reasons why I like Kde . The community .

Drakebyte
October 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Well I assume they do as it's a site hosted by Ubuntu itself? I think there's little point wasting your bandwidth on a community site if you don't care about it. :)

hoppipolla
October 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
good luck . I have posted a few ideas. That's one of the reasons why I like Kde . The community .

Do you have a link? ^_^

praveesh
October 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Many of the ideas in the Ubuntu brainstorm are implemented in Ubuntu . In the kde brainstorm, the developers used to view the brainstorm . One of the developers I met there is Ivan the one who coded the lancelot plasmoid(if I remember correctly).

cguy
October 3rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Well I assume they do as it's a site hosted by Ubuntu itself? I think there's little point wasting your bandwidth on a community site if you don't care about it. :)
But I've seen so many awesomely good ideas* and none has been implemented...

* based on the voting

praveesh
October 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Do you have a link? ^_^

please have a look at my previous post once again . That's the official kde brainstorm. Never waste your time in posting in an unofficial one. There is a link to the official kde forum in the kde site(www.kde.org) . From there, you can go to the brainstorm section. There is another way to tell your ideas , by posting a wishlist in the bugs.kde.org

praveesh
October 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
But I've seen so many awesomely good ideas* and none has been implemented...

* based on the voting

canonical has only 200+ employees

praveesh
October 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
The karmic release is coming . The developers are too busy . They don't get time to visit brainstorms. After a release(in the first month after the release), you can see the developers in the brainstorms . THE UBUNTU SOFTWARE CENTRE WAS A BRAINSTORM IDEA.

hoppipolla
October 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Thing is though, the KDE team are too perfect as it is! hehe ^_^

Anything I suggest I bet you they have come up with and are already actively working on implementing!

There is a reason I declare all the time that KDE is the best desktop in the world! hehe ^_^

Oh, and I just submitted a few ideas to the Ubuntu crew (awaiting approval)! Here they are let me know what you think :)

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/contributor/hoppimike/ideas/

Hoppi :)