PDA

View Full Version : Is this alright or what?

waloshin
October 3rd, 2009, 02:41 AM
I work with a 15 almost 16 year old and he wants to go to a concert 6 hours away and asked me to go so I can drive him and his friend to the concert. Anyways I am 21 and his parents want to meet me. And ask me questions. Anyways is it strange for me to be going with a 15/16 year old to a concert? We will have to stay over because the drive would be too long.

dragos240
October 3rd, 2009, 02:43 AM
Probably not that weird. If you like the band, go for it!

Jesus_Valdez
October 3rd, 2009, 02:43 AM
the real question is, Are you his friend?

aktiwers
October 3rd, 2009, 02:44 AM
Remember to get them high

Bachstelze
Why wouldn't it be all right? I went to my first concert when I was 12, and that was with my drums teacher, which was about 35.

(For the curious minds, it was Rush.)

SomeGuyDude
What concert is it? I ask because that IS a factor. Keep in mind you'll be in charge of these kids, as opposed to just going with friends, so if you're going for something like the Mayhem festival and one gets his nose broken in the pit you're going to be in deep *****.

That's the part to remember. Since you're driving them and you're so much older, you're kinda like a babysitter. I wouldn't call it weird. All goes well and you'll be these kids' hero.

waloshin
October 3rd, 2009, 02:49 AM
the real question is, Are you his friend?

LOL know just work with him every once in a while. The concert is featuring Whitechapel , Trivium, Chimaira and Dirge Within so I am sure there will be a mosh pit so I am worried about them getting hurt yes.

sailthesea
October 3rd, 2009, 02:52 AM
You're a responsible adult Look after the groms and you'll be fine
No drink or drugs for you obviously but it should be a blast!

pwnst*r
October 3rd, 2009, 02:52 AM
LOL know just work with him every once in a while. The concert is featuring Whitechapel , Trivium, Chimaira and Dirge Within so I am sure there will be a mosh pit so I am worried about them getting hurt yes.

i wouldn't take them to something like that (although i'd enjoy it very much). that's a lot of responsibility for someone you're not friends with.

Sean Moran
October 3rd, 2009, 02:53 AM
I work with a 15 almost 16 year old and he wants to go to a concert 6 hours away and asked me to go so I can drive him and his friend to the concert. Anyways I am 21 and his parents want to meet me. And ask me questions. Anyways is it strange for me to be going with a 15/16 year old to a concert? We will have to stay over because the drive would be too long.
Don't forget to drop a few hints their way about chipping in on the gasoline while your at it.
:guitar:

SomeGuyDude
Long as you stay out of the pit I guess it'd be cool. For real dude, the pits at those kind of shows can be outrageous. A buddy of mine got his skull split open at, I think, Ozzfest one year.

sailthesea
Why wouldn't it be all right? I went to my first concert when I was 12, and that was with my drums teacher, which was about 35.

That made me feel young again Thanks!:)

Jesus_Valdez
October 3rd, 2009, 02:59 AM
Just keep them away from drugs, the mosh pit and too many beer and you'll be fine.

Just remember when you were 15.

samjh
October 3rd, 2009, 03:03 AM

It's not strange, per se, but there are quite a few problem with the situation. If I were you, I'd avoid it.

Firstly, you are going to be an adult in charge of several minors, whether you agree to it or not. If they are hurt (and keep in mind that it will be almost impossible to police their actions, and you have very little authority to do so), you may be held liable. If they do anything illegal, you may also be in trouble from their parents and the law.

Secondly, they are not your friends. They are work colleagues, and you should draw a line between the two. Age differences matter.

Thirdly, six hours of driving?! They have a lot of audacity to ask you to drive them 6 hours away, and that's just to get there. What about the 6 hours to return home?! That's 12 hours of travel!

Make an excuse and say, "Sorry dudes. No go."

Tipped OuT
October 3rd, 2009, 03:04 AM

A modern-day warrior,
Mean mean stride,
Today's Tom Sawyer,
Mean mean pride.

*Dun Dun Dun DUNN*....

:guitar:

sudoer541
October 3rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
I must agree with some people here. teenagers do all kinds of crazy stuff and if they are not your friends then dont take them with you. It would be fair if one of the parents could comes with you.

Tipped OuT
October 3rd, 2009, 03:15 AM
I must agree with some people here. teenagers do all kinds of crazy stuff and if they are not your friends then dont take them with you. It would be fair if one of the parents could comes with you.

You do realize you will be ruining your child's social life for all eternity and his self esteem will go down dramatically.

Emo time.

sudoer541
October 3rd, 2009, 03:18 AM
You do realize you will be ruining your child's social life for all eternity and his self esteem will go down dramatically.

Emo time.

Ohh ya I forgot that.
then he should not take them with him.