PDA

View Full Version : What do ye think?

The Real Dave
October 3rd, 2009, 02:20 AM
Despite the late hour (approaching 2.20am here), I've been making some changes to my blog, nothing major.

If you have a few minutes to spare, head over to Evidex (evidex.wordpress.com). Your opinions on layout and that would be highly appreciated. Also, read a few of the blogs while your there.

Thanks in advance to anyone who does.

Bachstelze
October 3rd, 2009, 02:26 AM
It's pretty good. The fixed width makes it look a bit crippled on large monitors, but that's a recurring problem with fixed-width layouts, not yours in particular.

keiichidono
October 3rd, 2009, 02:29 AM
It looks fine.

The Real Dave
October 3rd, 2009, 02:31 AM
It's pretty good. The fixed width makes it look a bit crippled on large monitors, but that's a recurring problem with fixed-width layouts, not yours in particular.

Thanks, thats good to know, my screens are quite small. Thanks for the input guys

Mehall
October 3rd, 2009, 02:32 AM

Even on 1280x800 it looks fairly squashed up, compared, but as Bachstelze said, it's a common issue.

If you can make it take up more room in 1024x768, then it'll look fine in larger resolutions, and will mean something like 98% of users will see it fine. (remember: even netbook screens have plenty of width ;))

EDIT: While we're hear, what do people think of mine? (http://blog.mehall.co.cc)

A good example of a non-fixed width theme, utilising the "Hybrid" framework, from http://www.themehybrid.com

(warning: beyond the couple themes accessible from the main site, there isn't much available easily, but it's really extensible. Says the guy using a barely edited theme)

The Real Dave
October 3rd, 2009, 02:38 AM
Even on 1280x800 it looks fairly squashed up, compared, but as Bachstelze said, it's a common issue.

If you can make it take up more room in 1024x768, then it'll look fine in larger resolutions, and will mean something like 98% of users will see it fine. (remember: even netbook screens have plenty of width ;))

Thanks for the advice :) Gonna have to look into how exactly to do that. Its something I had never really realised, I always run firefox in a fairly small window. It was only when it was said there that I realised it was fixed width :confused:

clonne4crw
October 3rd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Looks nice, and yes, its really narrow on my 1680x1050 monitor. Haven't seen the old one to compare it to, though.

SomeGuyDude
October 3rd, 2009, 05:41 AM
It's smooth, but a little generic. Could use a more personal touch.

~sHyLoCk~
October 3rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Nice. Less chaotic than my blog, but hey I like it that way. :P

phrostbyte
October 3rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Very philosophical content. :)

The Real Dave
October 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Very philosophical content. :)

Ya, theres usually quite a stark contrast between when were writing for the sake of doing so, and actually writing :D

Thanks for the input everyone