PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bang Theory

Tipped OuT
October 3rd, 2009, 01:12 AM
Has anyone seen this TV series before? It's quite funny, and I'm sure many of you can relate. ;)

dragos240
October 3rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
Never seen it.

NoaHall
October 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
Yes, it's great.

The Real Dave
October 3rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Yes! :D Bloody Hilarious :D Though, I'm kinda worried that that might be me when I get to college.....

lisati
Seen it a couple of times & quite enjoyed it, though Mrs Lisati might object if I tried some of their shennanigans.

Tipped OuT
Never seen it.

You should check it out, maybe YouTube it. You'll love it, trust me.

ubudog
October 3rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
Has anyone seen this TV series before? It's quite funny, and I'm sure many of you can relate. ;)

Yes, it is an awesome show. I can relate.

NoaHall
October 3rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
Although I did notice Sheldon had Windows installed, which, the physicists I know, do not, instead, they have have Linux. Seriously. Ah, the convincing powers of KDE to old men.

ubudog
October 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
Although I did notice Sheldon had Windows installed, which, the physicists I know, do not, instead, they have have Linux. Seriously. Ah, the convincing powers of KDE to old men.

:lolflag:

lovinglinux
October 3rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
I didn't like it at first, but now is one of my favorite TV comedies, along with Two and Half Men. It's really funny and I definitely can relate, although they exaggerate the stereotype.

koleoptero
October 3rd, 2009, 01:35 AM
Didn't make me laugh, and I can't say I could relate to it. But then I'm always the exception.

sisco311
October 3rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
let me paraphrase Rajesh Koothrappali:

:redface:

X1R1
October 3rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
let me paraphrase Rajesh Koothrappali:

:redface:

hahahhahahahhahahahaha good one. One of the best jokes its when they are all playing to get the sword of asaroth, sooo hilarious

Jesus_Valdez
October 3rd, 2009, 02:27 AM
i have watched a couple of time, but just because everybody start to say "oh you should watch this, ist totally like you".

I've seen it, it's fun but I really dont like the physicists and how they want to dominate want "sciences" are. I mean, I'm a scientist and I know pretty much nothing of physics.

Tipped OuT
October 3rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
I've seen it, it's fun... but I really dont like the physicists and how they want to dominate want "sciences" are. I mean, I'm a scientist and I know pretty much nothing of physics.

Dude it's a show... relax. :P

hobo14
October 3rd, 2009, 03:43 AM
I've seen it, it's fun but I really dont like the physicists and how they want to dominate want "sciences" are. I mean, I'm a scientist and I know pretty much nothing of physics.

What type of scientist are you?

Jesus_Valdez
October 3rd, 2009, 03:58 AM
What type of scientist are you?
"life" science.

Biotechnology it's my playground.

I hang out with molular biology.

yabbadabbadont
October 3rd, 2009, 06:00 AM
I'm fairly certain that I hung out with those guys when I was in college a couple of decades ago... it doesn't even matter when they get technical details wrong, the mannerisms and everything else is so dead on that I can't help but be nostalgic (and entertained). :D

(strangely enough, people I knew back then tell me that I was the most normal ((OK, least weird)) of the bunch... who knew? ;))

Edit: Wait a minute. Does that make me Leonard? :lol:

matthew.ball
October 3rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
According to a friend of mine, I am a spitting image of Sheldon, though I have never really watched the show.

(He used some example of Sheldon explaining how wrong superman catching Lois is or something and yeah, that's pretty much me).

Tipped OuT
October 3rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
According to a friend of mine, I am a spitting image of Sheldon, though I have never really watched the show.

(He used some example of Sheldon explaining how wrong superman catching Lois is or something and yeah, that's pretty much me).

Awesome. Sheldon must be based off of you, if so, you're a genius. XD

steveneddy
October 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
"life" science.

Biotechnology it's my playground.

I hang out with molular biology.

Uh - I'm not a scientist, but is that spelled correctly?

molecular - is this what you meant?

Странник
October 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
I really love how Sheldon responds

Jesus_Valdez
October 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Uh - I'm not a scientist, but is that spelled correctly?

molecular - is this what you meant?
It was late.

ubudog
October 3rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
It's a pretty nice show. :)

Pogeymanz
October 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
I love the show. Most of my friends are Physics/Math majors right now, so I can totally relate. And their arguments are so accurate, it's like a giant inside joke.

My fiancee's dad was so tickled when I told him that what they are talking about is not just made up technical jargon and that I hear about that stuff on an almost daily basis. (Loop quantum gravity vs. super string theory anybody?)

I also LOVE the Superman explanation (episode 1 or 2, I think)! That is exactly like me and my friends.

hoppipolla
October 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah it grew on me! I quite like it :)

scragar
October 3rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
You'd hit particulate soil on a colloidal suspension.
:p
I love BBT.

It's mud BTW, soil dispersed evenly throughout a liquid like water.

motang
October 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Yep, been watching it since season 1 and love it!

steveneddy
October 5th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Does that make me Leonard? :lol:

=D>

Love ya bro

amitabhishek
October 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Love the show!!! Sadly no new episodes...its only re runs.

BTW Penny FTW.

NoaHall
October 5th, 2009, 08:05 PM
season 3 is now out. Watch it online.