PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] compiz issues

asianette
October 2nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
I need compiz to make the window borders appear. If there's another way to do this, please help. The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to change the settings on compiz, they reset back to their default values once I close compiz. Is there some kind of package I need in order to save the settings once they're changed? I tried creating a new profile, but compiz wouldn't open it. Please help, thanks.

oboedad55
October 3rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
I need compiz to make the window borders appear. If there's another way to do this, please help. The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to change the settings on compiz, they reset back to their default values once I close compiz. Is there some kind of package I need in order to save the settings once they're changed? I tried creating a new profile, but compiz wouldn't open it. Please help, thanks.

You can install fusion-icon. I don't know if you have emerald installed, but if you do it will allow you to switch between gtk and emerald window management.

asianette
October 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM
I can access the Compiz configuration utility, I just can't save any changes. Will installing Emerald have any effect on that? Or do I need to install a package that allows the settings to be edited and saved?

asianette
October 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
All I really want to do is disable viewpoint switching, but Compiz isn't saving the setting when I disable it and close Compiz. This is very annoying.

asianette
October 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Fixed it, had to install gconf-editor.