PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Net Connector - c# - mono.

dchurch24
October 2nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Hi all,

I have the following code: (it was actually copied from the MySQL net connector for c# site - my original code was much more complex and was also using SDL - I reverted to using the sample code in desperation but get the exact same error.)

using System;
using System.Data;
using MySql.Data.MySqlClient;

public class Test
{
public static void Main(string[] args)
{
string connectionString =
"Server=192.168.1.7;" +
"Database=automation;" +
"User ID=xxxxxx;" +
"Password=xxxxxxxxx;" +
"Pooling=true";
IDbConnection dbcon;
dbcon = new MySqlConnection(connectionString);
dbcon.Open();
IDbCommand dbcmd = dbcon.CreateCommand();

string sql =
"SELECT firstname, lastname " +
"FROM employee";
dbcmd.CommandText = sql;
IDataReader reader = dbcmd.ExecuteReader();
while(reader.Read()) {
string FirstName = (string) reader["firstname"];
string LastName = (string) reader["lastname"];
Console.WriteLine("Name: " +
FirstName + " " + LastName);
}
// clean up
reader.Close();
reader = null;
dbcmd.Dispose();
dbcmd = null;
dbcon.Close();
dbcon = null;
}
}

It all compiles fine, but when I attempt to open the connection, I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Stream is not a valid .resources file, magic=0x6d783f3c
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.ReadHeaders () [0x00017] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceReader.cs:118
at System.Resources.ResourceReader..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00054] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceReader.cs:98
at System.Resources.ResourceSet..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x0002d] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceSet.cs:79
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[])
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0003f] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:404 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00064] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:414
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:419
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00140] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:285
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:226
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:221
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet (System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Boolean Createifnotexists, Boolean tryParents) [0x000dd] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceManager.cs:356
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet (System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Boolean Createifnotexists, Boolean tryParents) [0x001d1] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceManager.cs:387
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet (System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Boolean Createifnotexists, Boolean tryParents) [0x001d1] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceManager.cs:387
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString (System.String name, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00026] in /build/buildd/mono-1.9.1+dfsg/mcs/class/corlib/System.Resources/ResourceManager.cs:235
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Resources.get_PerfMonCatego ryName () [0x00000]
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PerformanceMonitor..ctor (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection connection) [0x00000]
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open () [0x00000]
at Test.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0000d] in /home/dave/sdl_frontend/sdl_frontend/Main.cs:17

I'm really stumped. The version of mysql cli is 5.2.x.x and apparently this 'bug' was fixed in an earlier version.

The odd thing is, if I run this code on a Windows machine using VS with c# it runs fine. I have run it on another xubuntu machine (the one that it is intended for) and it runs fine too. That machine is running Myth and is plugged into my TV so runs at 800x600 and is far too difficult to use for development - plus if I were to interupt Holloaks, I think the misses would kick me out on the street.

I have developed this in Mono on a Virtual Machine (xubuntu 8.10), so I can get an idea of the look and feel of the app on it's intended machine.

I have created a bridge and can see my local network perfectly through the VM - indeed, I am posting this from inside the VM, so the networking seems to be ok.

Any thoughts? I am on my 5th hour of trying to get this working and am now desperate!

directhex
October 2nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Smells like http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=491407 to me

It's broken in Intrepid, fixed in Jaunty & above

dchurch24
October 3rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Ahh what a pain!

That's what I was afraid of!

Oh well, upgrade here I come!

Thank you.

Jordanwb
December 11th, 2009, 08:06 PM
What package did you install to get the Mysql classes for Mono? I want to use MySQL with my C# program aswell.